Friday, October 19, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, All Things Fall Edition

Happy Fall Friday, y'all! Hasn't the weather just been divine this week, all my Southern friends? Absolutely delightful, I tell ya. It's really put us in the Fall mood over here! I'm ready to share a few things we're saying CHEERS to as we welcome in the weekend...but wait. First, I feel I must confess. I know this won't be a popular confession based on all the superfans I see left and right, but I'll feel better once I get this off my chest. Are you ready? 

I despise the movie Hocus Pocus

Gasp! Is anyone still here reading?

Or, did everyone abandon this post when I shared that confessional?

Y'all. We watched it as a family over the weekend. I was SO excited to watch it after hearing SO MANY people rave about it for years! But guys...what in the actual what?!? It was awful. And listen, I love me a throwback movie: Never-ending Story; Breakfast Club; etc. But this was just SO bad. The plot, the acting, the everything. And, in my opinion, it is SO inappropriate for kids, what with all the talk about being a virgin (and making fun of a teenager for being a virgin!). It'll be a hard pass the next time I see it on our channel guide!

Whew. I feel better. Now, what we're saying CHEERS to: 

Halloween decor. I swear, our neighborhood decorates harder for Halloween than for Christmas! In a couple weeks, there'll be a "Creepy Crawl," wherein we'll ride on a tractor pulled hayride with our neighbors and check out all the decorative lore. There will be a Halloween-decorating contest. And don't even get me started on actual Halloween night. It.Is.So.Fun.!!! It's one of the nights I love our neighborhood most! So, we put up our Halloween decorations over the last week. And while they are meager compared to the beautifully scary job so many of our neighbors do, it still makes us feel festive. :) 




Hat Day. Our sweet town is in the process of constructing an amazing, all-inclusive playground for all children to use that will be accessible for any and all with any sort of special needs or who are differently abled. To support the fundraising, my three FMES-ers got to pay a donation and wear a hat to school one day this week. Win-win for all!





LIFEGroup. Five years ago, my hub and I sheepishly joined a couples LifeGroup, and it has been one of the best decisions we've made as a couple. We are now four couples strong and meet together twice monthly - praying together, growing in our faith together, and supporting one another through all of our highs and lows. We love our people so, so much. Last Friday, we had a (delicious!) dinner and fun night together at one of our favorite taco restaurants that has the prettiest outdoor seating. I am so thankful for our peeps and am excited to continue to grow with them over the years to come. <3



Fall Frolic. Every year since we moved to the Mill six years ago, we have gone to the Fall Frolic as a family. It's one of my favorite October traditions. There is horseback riding and gem-mining and corn mazes and, well, all the things you would expect at a Fall Frolic. The temperatures were lovely, the crowds were low that day, and we had a blast!













Lost tooth. BIG news over here: Finally, at 6 years, 9 months old, my Raleigh Jane lost her first tooth! Y'all. This girl is so tough and has such a different personality than her big brother, Banks. She hardly flinches at pain and tends to be the brave one of the bunch - rocking any rollercoaster she can find; pretty much taking care of herself when she has a stomach bug; etc. So, it should come as no surprise she tried her hardest to pull that baby tooth out herself. In the end, her dad pulled it, and she was so, SO excited to see her new smile!! 



And that's that! One quick, superficial prayer request: Tomorrow morning, I'll be running my first every half marathon. If you have a minute, could you send up prayers that (1) I don't experience any joint pain (knee, ankle, hip) during the race; (2) I am able to run the whole thing without stopping (I'm not concerned with my pace - I just want to run the whole thing, no matter how long it takes), and (3) the weather is kind to me (forecast is calling for rain in the morning with some fairly cool temps)? 

On a significantly more important prayer request note, would you also send up prayers for some dear friends of ours, who delivered a beautiful baby boy (their second handsome son!) last week? He has been battling some significant health concerns since his arrival. I'll keep the details private here, but please pray for precious Cole and his amazing parents. We know that God is the ultimate healer and miracle maker and have faith He will restore Cole to full health so that he can live a long life and share the inspirational testimony of his warrior beginnings. <3

Thank you friends! Have a BEAUTIFUL Fall weekend, and GO TIGERS!!! :) 

1 comment: