Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Kindergarten Eve

Your bag has been packed;
Your lunch has been made;
Your clothes, been laid out;
We've fervently prayed.

And now you're tucked in,
We've counted those sheep;
I peek just once more;
You're still, fast asleep.

I am not yet ready
For this bright new start;
But here's the thing, Raleigh,
you certainly are

You're ready for reading;
You're ready for fun;
You're ready for lunch,
Recess in the sun.

You're ready for math
And P.E., too;
You're ready for friends,
Both old and new.

You're up for the challenge;
You're ready to soar,
To reach your potential,
To learn so much more. 

You're ready, my Raleigh,
But please know this, too:
You're taking a piece
Of my heart there with you.

I'll squeeze your hand gently
As we say goodbye;
Give a wave and a smile,
And then wipe my eyes.

I'll count down the minutes
To see your sweet face,
To hear your adventures
Within this new place. 

Tomorrow we start:
Bring on all the fun;
Adventure awaits!
Take care, little one. 


Raleigh Jane, it's time, sweet girl. The day has come! You are more than ready for this next chapter of our lives, and I cannot wait to watch you soar at FMES. I'll be waiting for you, honey. Counting down the minutes to hear all about your newest adventures. Now, let's do this thing. Kindergarten or bust!

With All My Heart,

Momma 


No comments:

Post a Comment