Friday, April 20, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, Busy Bees Edition

Helloooooo, friends! And hellooooooo, Friday! Between several extra appointments last week and this week (two for Bels; one for the big three; one for me), a tornado warning that left us rocking our bike helmets in our pantry at the start of the week, a corneal abrasion, etc., things were even nuttier than usual 'round these parts (which is saying a lot ;) ). But Friday has arrived and with it, several things we're saying CHEERS to this week/end! Like... 

Baseball games. Have I mentioned yet that I love Spring sports? Yes, they make for busier weeknights/ends, but I just love seeing all of the awesome athletes taking the field! Banks had two games last week and two games this week, and I am ecstatic to share that our Aggies finally won a game! Actually two - we won both of the games this week! I wish I had the kids' reactions on film. They were so proud, and we were so proud of them for fighting so hard for their victories. Banks has been having a good season and was nominated to try out for the All-Stars team, which will be happening tonight. I think this will be a great opportunity whether he makes it or not: If he makes it, he'll be able to continue practicing and working towards the games this summer. If he doesn't, he'll be learning that there will always be better athletes around him and that he should look to them for inspiration and as a self-challenge. Stay tuned! I should know the outcome by the end of the weekend :) 


And Harrison!! Harrison had his first EVER teeball game last weekend, and he just had the best time out there! He had two great hits and some great stops. I just love seeing those little 3- and 4-year-old bodies out there with the massive batting helmets, every child running after every ball that is hit, no matter how close or far it may be. Ha! :) So cute!

 




Dance Observation Day. Earlier this week, Raleigh had parent observation day at dance. They do this twice a year, and on this occasion, the girls were given their costumes for their upcoming recital and got to practice their dances for us. My hub was playing in a charity golf tournament that day, which meant I got to bring all of the kiddos with me to cram in the room and cheer on their sister :0. But seriously, they did a great job watching and cheering for the sweet dancers. Now, we are counting down until her big recital next month. Yay! 



Food Tour. We did something new and different last Friday night to celebrate (and surprise!) one of my girlfriends for her birthday. Six of us couples headed Uptown (Charlotte) for a Food Tour, which started at 4:00 pm sharp! We had a guide that took us around, on foot, to six pre-determined spots. When we arrived to each spot, there was a popular item of that restaurant's menu waiting to be served to us, often along with a drink pairing. We had 30 minutes per location to enjoy the food and beverage before moving on to the next. It was an AWESOME way to try new restaurants, enjoy the GORGEOUS weather, and spend time with great friends. I am already looking forward to doing it again soon! A lot of big cities offer these types of things, and I couldn't recommend them any more highly! 



After the food tour, our group headed over to a fun spot called Ink 'N Ivy, which is in the heart of Charlotte, to sit outdoors and enjoy the weather and a couple adult bevs. Oh, and two of my friends and I decided to bike it, renting a couple of bikes and riding several blocks around the city before meeting up with our group. Fun, fun, fun! And now I want a bike! :) 


Riverbanks. The following day, my little fam headed to Riverbanks Zoo (along with the rest of Columbia) to meet up with most of our BLOMPS family. I finnnnnnnnally got to meet my beautiful new nephew, Smith. It has been killing me not to snuggle this cutie; so, my day (and Raleigh's day, that sweet little momma) was made when we got to meet him, enjoy the zoo, and then close out the day at a cookout at Bammy and Digby's. Digby cooked up some yummy food we all got to enjoy together before going our separate ways. It was a great day!








Successful appointments. On Friday, we went to see our amazing audiologist (Lakeside Audiology, you have our hearts) so that Bella could receive her hearing aid. Once it was placed, she just got quiet, looking around in awe and taking in the new sounds she could hear. It was awesome to witness, and now, we are one week in with the new aid! Unfortunately, Bels loves to pull it out of her ear; so, we are having to be very consistent and persistent with making her keep it in and leave it alone! But, I am confident that she will once she is acclimated to it. We started our journey to clear hearing way back in August, so last Friday was a big day for our girl. <3




And then, on Monday, I took Bella to meet with a new doctor, a fantastic developmental pediatrician whom we've been waiting since January to see! He was so good and so kind and so thorough. It was a morning well-spent (more on that in Bella's next post-adoption update).



The next day, my big three had dentist appointments. We celebrated all three being cavity-free the best way we know how...with big, delicious, sugar-filled cupcakes - ha! Our sweet town has the best cupcake shop (they were even featured on, and won,  The Food Network's Cupcake Wars) and we love any excuse to visit, especially since it just so happened to be $2 Tuesdays - perfect! :) 


Strawberry picking. We've been impatiently waiting and waiting and finally, yesterday, our strawberry fields open for "pick your own!" I picked up Banks and Raleigh from school and we headed straight to the fields to pick our treasures. The end result? A whole lot of big, beautiful strawberries (and strawberry pancakes for dinner!). Score! 









Whelp, there's more I wanted to share, but I'm out of time and energy this week. I am super excited for this weekend and hope you are, too! Have a great one, and I hope Mother Nature is good to you. :) See you back next week for a special post. <3 Keep it cool, friends. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment