Saturday, April 25, 2020

Six.

Dear Harrison, 

When I started writing this post, I absentmindedly entitled it, "Five," instead of, "Six," because it's just so hard for me to comprehend that a whole year has passed since you turned One-Whole-Hand. 

Six. 

Wow. 

It's been exactly six years since I was last pregnant. Six years since I first saw your beautiful face and those gigantic hands (the first thing your Daddy and I noticed about you!). Six years since your big brother got to proudly announce to the waiting room full of grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and your big sister, "It's a boy!" (because while your Dad and I knew and were overjoyed to be welcoming a second son, no one else did). <3 Six years since you took your first breath and stole a giant piece of my heart along with it. 



Today, you are SIX, Harrison Robert, our adorably hilarious, mischievous, keep-us-on-our-toes little Dennis-The-Menace. And here is what I want to remember about you right now, at this very moment, as you enter into the next year of your life: 



Your favorite thing is to make others laugh. You love to re-create every other video we see on America's Funniest Home Videos. 


You are the most affectionate of all our kiddos, very commonly stopping what you are doing to give your momma a kiss on the cheek or a squeeze, just because. Just three days ago, we were out walking and you would randomly tell me, over and over, "Love you, Mom," for no reason whatsoever. 



You are sneakily athletic. Although smaller in stature than your big brother and sister, you easily mastered a two-wheeler, can hit a kid-pitch baseball, no problem, handle a tennis racket with unexpected athleticism, and are a natural talent when whipping around on your scooter.  


You continue to have such pretty handwriting! 



You are the earliest of our early risers by far (something we are working to get to the bottom of!) and while you fall asleep within seconds of your head hitting the pillow, you are up and at 'em and ready to seize the day each and every morning. 



You just love your kindergarten buddies. This year, you landed amongst the sweetest group of boys, having mostly been around girls your age until kindergarten, and it is just your most favorite thing ever to see, play with, and talk about your boys. 



You loooooooove you some sports clothing. Forget all the cute lil' hand-me-downs I have from when Banks was your age. Most days, you can be found in atheletic tights with shorts on top and some sort of athletic tee. It's your daily outfit of choice. 



You say the sweetest prayers each night, often praying "for the homeless people to find homes." It melts my heart every time. 



There are few things you love more than playing outside: whether it be playing sports, riding your bike, or searching for lizards, you thrive in being active (although you also love a video game when your screen-strict momma will allow it ;) ). 



A couple weeks ago, I asked you what you wanted to be when you grow up and you said, "A grown man," so, we are on the right track, I think. ;) 



It will be one of the greatest honors and blessings of my life to watch you grow into the man who God designed you to be: one who seeks to bring joy and affection to others; one who loves his family and adores his friends; one who is always ready for adventure, even if that means breaking the rules. 



Harrison Robert, you are, and will always be, my precious little light, shining so brightly for others. Happy, Happy 6th Birthday, sweet boy. I simply adore you. 



With all my heart, 

Your Momma 








No comments:

Post a Comment