Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Why Hello, 2021: Post-January Check-In

Not going to lie: Aside from celebrating my big girl's birthday, I am just not a fan of January. It always draaaaaags by and tends to be cold and dreary, and I am usually in a bit of a post-holiday slump. I think Bella feels the same: 

Yep. She gets it. So, I am not the least bit sad to welcome in a bright new month: Hello February! Before that though, for virtual scrapbook's sake, here is a look at how our January unfolded: 

Covid hit our house. Which meant isolating and quarantining, virtual schooling, getting in good family time, getting fresh air every chance we got, and counting down 'til we were allowed back in the public eye. ;) 





Raleigh celebrated her birthday at home. At the beginning of the month, Raleigh turned 9! We celebrated quarantine style, at home, but she still had the best day, sweet girl. <3









And then Raleigh celebrated her birthday in the mountains. A few weeks later, we continued the celebration with sweet friends during a Mother-Daughter mountain weekend, that I posted all about here. :) 


Tennis playoffs went down. My T2 tennis partner and I also brought home the city championship and were so excited! Tennis is such a great combination of exercise, skill, social time, and constant learning. I take a lesson each week, hit with a ball machine whenever I can, and play matches for fun for extra practice whenever my schedule allows. I am so thrilled to be playing this fun sport and look forward to much more playing to come! 

Banks got his braces off! Banks got Phase 1 of 2 of his braces in September and got them off at the end of January (that's right: two phases. Because, unlike when us 40-year-olds were kids, most kids don't wear braces for three years straight. They have them in two separate, shorter phases now)! And two things: (1) He aged a solid two years over those four months!!!!!, and (2) We have the best orthodontist in all the land. Is she my sister? Yes. Am I biased? No. She and her practice are just that good. I love every single staff member, and my sister is just THE.BEST. We LOVE you, Smile Doctors-Fort Mill! We ADORE you, Dr. Whitney/Aunt Whit! 


We snuck in some family and friend fun. The end of the month also included date nights and happy hours and Greenway trips and barre fundraising and gun shooting and just about everything in between! Once we got the medical all-clear from quarantine, we weren't going to let the rest of January pass us by! 




And THAT is how we started off 2021...a bit of a rocky start but one that is carrying us happily into February. Happy Love Month, friends! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment