Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I Got My Toes In The Water...

As we pulled onto the main beach-side road on Edisto Island, the song "Toes" by Zac Brown Band came on the radio. I turned to my hub and said, "That's a good sign. This is going to be a great week!"



Boy, was I right!

This was, without a doubt, my favorite family trip to Edisto yet! Every summer, we head to this small, quiet island with my hub's side of the family and stay in his uncle's oceanfront beach house. There is not much to do on Edisto, and that's just the way we like it! We basically wake up each morning and spend all day long on the beach, and it is simply glorious. 

 


And now, my Top 10 favorite moments from our 2015 trip to Edisto with the Lu clan, in no particular order:

New night-time activities. This year, I surprised the littles with glow sticks, and our first night, we let them stay up late and run rampant on the beach, waving their weapons around while we basked in the beautiful moonlight. Another night, our Nana made the kids streamers, which they just loved watching dance in the wind.



 

Watching my kids love the beach. Banks, Raleigh, and Harrison enjoyed every single solitary second on the beach. As long as their toes were in the sand, they were happy campers. They swam, they jumped, they built, they dug, they threw, they laughed, they snacked, they slept, they slid, they walked, they hunted, they LOVED it. 







Time with my hub. Lord knows, this last year was a crazy one for our family. It was SO nice to reserve some special time just to be able to hang out with, relax with, watch the sunrise with, talk with, stroll with, hold hands with, and laugh with my best friend. 



Spending time with my nieces and nephews. I am an aunt who adores spending time with my nieces and nephews, whether it be building sand castles with them, playing cornhole against them, or snuggling with them. I don't get to see these kiddos enough, so when I do, I take full advantage and soak up plenty of playtime with, and snuggles from, them. 



Seeing my hub do what he does best. Be a Daddy. Our littles look up their Daddy so much, and I love how much he loves to play with them and be with them. So special for this momma heart to see. <3

 




Spending solo time Momma time with each of my littles. As a momma of three, it is harder and harder to sneak in solo time with my babies. However, with all the extra helping hands at the beach, it is much easier; so, I made sure to jump waves with my Raleigh, hunt for shells with my Banks, and watch the sunrise with my Harrison. Pure heaven, I tell ya. 







Watching my babies with their grandparents. I am so blessed to have such amazing parents, both on my "side" and my hub's "side" of the family. My children are so loved by their Nana, Pop, Bammy, and Digby! And it was so special this year to have my parents (as well as a couple of my siblings and nieces) join us at the beach for a day alongside my "in law" family. 



Family walks on the beach. Each year, my little family of 5 (which was once 4, and before that, 3, and before that, 2) takes an evening stroll down the beach, just us. This year was no exception, and I loved continuing this little tradition of ours. 


Watching sweet cousins play together. My kiddos are so lucky to have so many cousins on both sides of the family. And it is so, so fun to watch them play together, even more so when it's on the beach!





Celebrating the US of A on the beach. It was a blast to be at the beach for the 4th of July this year, and we definitely made the most of it!




What an absolutely amazing trip! Until next year, Edisto!



No comments:

Post a Comment