Friday, April 8, 2016

Five On Friday: Bits 'O Randomness Edition

Hip, hip, hooray! It's Friday! Yay! We muscled through the week...


...and are ready for a fun weekend ahead!

Here are a few bits of randomness from my world lately to kick off the weekend: 

[ONE].
I have been in organization overdrive lately. About a month ago, I made a list of all the areas of our home I wanted to organize and clean out. This included things like towel and sheet closets, under Banks' bed (have I mentioned he is a bit of a hoarder ;)), my pajama and workout clothes drawers, etc. I am happy to report I have just a couple items left on my list and that I have been able to donate a ton of stuff to Goodwill. Also? I love, love, love organization. It makes my heart so happy, and I truly enjoy de-cluttering. :0 

[TWO].
Yesterday was the second parent observation class of the year for Raleigh's tap/ballet class, and I swear it is just the cutest thing to see all these precious little girls tapping and tip-toeing to their heart's content. Also? We got her recital costume. Squeeeeeeeeeal! I cannot wait for her big day!!!

[THREE].
Banks stayed home "sick" on Monday. I say "sick" because my hub thinks he pulled one over on us. ;) He really did have an upset tummy most of the day, but he sure did enjoy the overload of cartoons, old Clemson football games, and couch time. Needless to say, he was back at school and ready to rock on Tuesday.


[FOUR].
Pure.Barre.Platform. It is no secret that I loooooove me some Pure Barre. I have been going regularly for over a year now and absolutely love the workout it provides, the strength it gives my body, the muscles it builds, the "me time" it allows, and the friendships I have made. I have never, ever, ever had an easy class. And then, I met Pure Barre Platform. This is a new twist on the typical Pure Barre class. You see, the typical class is all about lifting, toning, and burning muscles through a serious of small movements, which are done through a series of arm, thigh, seat, and ab exercises (all those trouble areas a woman is pretty much always looking to tone) both at a ballet barre and on the floor. Well, Pure Barre Platform is pretty much the basic class on crack--it is all of that plus intense cardio for 55-minutes straight, much of it done on individual, small platforms placed adjacent to the barre. Y'all. My HAIR SWEATS during these classes. Haha--seriously, I have sweat dripping from my hair, my face is basically purple, and I am absolutely worn out by the end of the class--in the BEST possible way. It is so, so hard but so, so fun and so, so worth it! If you are planning to visit us in the Mill anytime soon, know that I'll be dragging you along to a class with me so you can experience the awesomeness. :)


[FIVE].   
We are ready for a fun weekend ahead, including dinner with friends tonight, an early morning flag football game tomorrow with a couple of special, surprise patrons, and more fun plans tomorrow evening. We'll finish out the weekend by getting our church volunteer on and prepping for the week ahead. Whew! Bring it on! 

Have a great weekend, y'all! I'll see you back here on Monday for Part 2 of the latest Mom-ing Through Faith series. If you haven't already, be sure to take a look at Part 1, if you dare. :) See you then!  

No comments:

Post a Comment