Friday, February 23, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, So Long February Edition

Ummm...do you guys realize this is the last weekend of February? How did THAT happen? Beats me! Now, a few things we're saying CHEERS to as we welcome in the weekend!

Fun times with sweet cousins. Late last summer, one of my sisters moved to the Mill, and it is so nice when our schedules align and we are able to get together! That was the case last Sunday, and we loved our outside cousin play time!





Chinese New Year Party. I posted a little bit about it last week, but over the weekend, we celebrated our first Chinese New Year, and I now know that it is one of my favorite holidays! On Saturday, we got together with several other families who have adopted sweet little ones from China (some families we knew; some are now new friends) for a super fun celebration. The girls wore their beautiful silks and we all feasted on a huge Chinese feast. It was SO fun and so special to be sitting around a table with other adoptive families, who understand so much of what we have been, are currently going, and will go through. Such an awesome night that we absolutely loved (and yes, the dads and boys were there, too!  We just don't have photographic proof). ;)







Audiology appointment. On Monday, Bella and I headed back to our ENT for her post-op (aka post-tube placement) appointment. They checked the tubes (they look good!) and re-tested her hearing...and she continued to fail part of it; so then, early on Wednesday morning, she and I headed to Charlotte for a(nother) special hearing test. It required her to stay quiet and still for the duration, which ended up lasting well over an hour. I came packed and prepared though: snacks galore! Namely, egg rolls. ;) I figured it was a snack that would take her some time to eat and would be quiet enough for her to enjoy (unlike goldfish or Pirate Booty or something else crunchy) but wouldn't interfere with the testing (i.e., the need for a sans-crunch snack). I also had a few lollipops on hand as a back-up when needed. Bella did GREAT! She sat so calmly and quietly the whole time. I was so proud of her. The testing confirmed what we suspected and a new treatment plan is now in place: Bels will soon be rocking some new gear in the form of a hearing aid. While hers is a mild loss, and only for high frequency sounds, and only on the right side, it is still imperative that she has it, especially as we continue to focus on strengthening her speech skills. I am hopeful that she won't need it her entire adult life, but even if she does, we are so lucky to have the best audiologist in our corner, whom we absolutely adore. <3 




Lunch dates with Banks and Rals. Although our full therapy and appointment schedule often thwarts my plans of visiting Banks and Raleigh for lunch, that was not the case this week, and I took full advantage, surprising Banks on Monday and Raleigh on Tuesday. And sweet Rals, bless her heart, saw me waiting and came running at full speed with the biggest smile, joyfully yelling out, "Mommy!!!" Melted my heart. <3 I loved our lunches together. 





Outside fun. When February in the South bring us a week of 70-degree temperatures, we basically camp out outside from the time the kids get off the bus until dinner time (or beyond dinner time, as was the case last night when we picnicked at our Greenway).






Although my days tend to be full and, honestly, often quite hard during this season of life, I don't take my time with my littles for granted. Last night was a little slice of paradise as we dined on pizza and popcorn and took in the beautiful sunset views around us. 





 
And that's all she wrote! We have some special visitors arriving later today and we are so excited! We love spending time with our Nana and Pop and cannot wait for them to get here! And because baseball/teeball practices don't start until next week, we have a full, *fairly* plan-free weekend ahead with more 70-degree temps forecasted. Yes, ma'am. We'll take it! 

Have a lovely weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment