Monday, June 25, 2018

Lutons In The Inlet

We are back and diving headfirst into reality after a lovely week away with our Luton "side" of the family. Every summer, we spend two weeks at the beach with each "side" of our family, and first up this year was with my "in laws" side. We went to Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, which is where my brother and sisters and I used to go when we were little to visit my dad's mom; so, being there brought back a lot of sweet memories of time spent with my Granny, who is now in heaven. <3 It made being there that much more special. 


Some of the things I'll remember from this year: 

We lucked into the most gorgeous beach weather - not a single rain drop the entire week! - and we took full advantage, getting out to the beach every single morning by 10:00 at the latest (with the exception of taking my Lu Crew to play Putt-Putt one morning) and staying out until 4:00 pm or so each day. We just love the beach!!! And I loved my time with my peeps.












We all (eight adults; nine kiddos) stayed in one house together, and the most special part to me was seeing all the cousins together. They aren't able to get together nearly as much as I would like; so, when they do, it is so fun for them and so fun for us. I know they will look back and treasure these memories as much as I treasure those I share with my own cousins growing up. <3 











I also made it a point to spend time with each of my nieces and nephews every day. There was one day when the dads played 27 holes of golf, and I don't think my butt hit my chair for more than 60 seconds that day! I just couldn't get enough time with my sweet nieces, nephews, and own kiddos. I helped them do toe touches and pikes over the waves; we boogey boarded together; I taught them to play Tidal Ball; we searched for shells; we swam; we played Corn Hole and Bocce Ball; I did some informal therapy with Bella (who suddenly decided she did NOT like the soft sand; so, I did a little OT/sensory stuff to help her get acclimated); I just had the best time soaking each of them in. I am one lucky momma/aunt. <3










Earrrrrrly each morning, I spent time on my own, running between 4.5-6 miles on the beach, alone. It was such a nice way to start my days, zoning out while listening to a podcast, with the ocean on one side and the beautiful beach homes on the other. I was able to clear my head and energize myself for the full day to come of chasing little ones in and out of waves, traipsing throughout the sand while playing game after game, going up and down stairs to put kiddos down for naps or change diapers; etc. It was not a "relaxing" kind of vacation, but it was definitely a fun one, and I wouldn't change a single second of it! I am so thankful to have young kiddos and to be able see these trips through their eyes. <3











There are so many sweet, special little moments I was able to share with my Lu Crew, and family, last week, that I will keep tucked away and use to fuel me until we get to do it all again next year. We are so incredibly blessed to have the most amazing Nana and Pop, and we so enjoyed our time together with our family. <3







What a beautiful week with people we love. Thanks for the memories, Murrells Inlet. We are already looking forward to next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment