Sunday, January 13, 2013

What I'm Lovin' Now

  • The fact that it is sunny and 75 degrees today. In January. This has meant lots of outdoor family fun this weekend. This is one of many, many reasons I love livin' in the South.
  • The fact that all the planning, preparation, time, and effort that naturally accompanies the holidays, and a certain little lady's first birthday party, is now behind us. My to-do list has shortened immensely and I love that none of the to-do's on my shortened list feel like they need to be done now, now, now. This means soaking up special moments with my kiddos and really being able to enjoy them, being present, without a nagging to-do list constantly beckoning me in the back of my mind.
  • The fact that we have two very special trips on the horizon in the upcoming months: a special trip with just my hub and little buddy and then an exciting, week-long getaway with the hub, alone, overseas. Yeehaw!
  • The fact that my little girl's vocabulary is blossoming each day! My little lady is all about talking these days and loves mimicking what I say and discovering new words. I swear, that little voice is one of the sweetest sounds on earth and I love hearing her say so many new words!!
  • The fact that this is going to be a big wedding year for my side of the family: My baby sister will tie the knot in October in an outdoor ceremony at a gorgeous farm. I can.not.wait. for their big day! And my stepbrother just got engaged to his amazing fiance and those wedding plans are underway as well. Bring on the showers! And bachelorettes! And wedding fun!
  • The fact that my little buddy started his first organized sport on Saturday: Soccer! The sight of him in his first official jersey on his first official "team" at his first official practice was almost too much for this Momma to take. The whole family was up bright and early Saturday to attend his first practice, and admittedly, three different cameras and a video camera also joined us for the morning-all of which were heavily used the first part of practice before I decided to shut them all down and just take in what was happening before my eyes. Magical.
  • The fact that I went on my first run in seven months over the weekend. Man it felt good. And surprisingly, I am not sore...yet. It felt so great to get out and run again, and I am looking forward to making it a part of my regular routine again several times a week. 
  • The fact that we have finally decided on a church here in our new town-well, it's not quite here. It's actually going to be about a 25 minute drive. But. I am truly excited about it, which is surprising, because I would never have used the words "church" and "exciting" in the same sentence 10 years ago. But. This church, this pastor, has transformed me and moved me in many ways over the last few years.
  • The fact that, outside of soccer practice each Saturday morning, and a special weekend away for just my little buddy at his Bammy and Digby's house at the end of the month, we have absolutely no plans for any weekend this month. We won't know what to do with ourselves with all this free time! Love it.
  • The fact that my little girl is finally healthy after a nasty virus last week. Every momma knows how heartbreaking it is to see their little ones sick. Luckily, we are on the mend. 
  • The fact that we are making some great new friends here in our new town while also getting to spend lots of time with old friends. And seeing the friendships form between all of our children-priceless. 
  • The fact that there is still a little time left in this weekend. Off to soak it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment