Wednesday, December 27, 2017

A Christmas to Remember

It's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone! I always feel like I am trying to sloooooow down time so I can soak in and enjoy every second, but it hasn't worked yet. ;) 

This was a very special Christmas for our family - the first as a family of six, the first having our sweet Bella home. And I can say without hesitation: she absolutely LOVED it. It was just so special. It was emotional (for me), too. I broke down at one point on Christmas night, thinking of her birth momma and praying that she somehow was able to know that the little girl she had to leave is now being loved and spoiled and snuggled on the other side of the world. And I cried thinking of my Bella, how, at 2.5 years old, this was her first real Christmas. It just seems so unfair, the early life she had to endure. So, I grieved amidst the joy and thanked God for the blessings that abounded in our home this year. We are such a blessed family, and I cannot imagine our life without our Bella in it. Such a special Christmas. 

For memory's sake, a glimpse into My Lu Crew's festivities the last few days:

Pre-Christmas

Is there anything more beautiful than a candelit, Christmas Eve church service? Brings me to tears every time! We attended our church service on Sunday morning and were excited to learn that elementary school children were invited to attend "grown up church" with us. It just felt so important having Banks and Raleigh in that room with us. <3


Right after church, my hub took Banks for a little Christmas Eve surprise: a Panther's game! And boy, did they have fun. :) Meanwhile, back home, the little three rested while I prepped our Christmas morning breakfast casserole and then straightened up the house in preparation for it to be destroyed the next day. :)


After the big guys returned home, we enjoyed a big ol' pot of vegetable soup my hub had prepared earlier that morning and then decorated our cookies for Santa and spread our reindeer food (we had made our reindeer food the day before, per Goldy's instructions). ;)  



And then, a new fun tradition: Christmas caroling through our neighborhood...on a boat. Yes, a boat. :) Some of our dear friends decked out their boat in festive lights and invited us to join them and some of their friends for some Christmas Eve caroling, while riding on the boat that was towed behind their truck. Ha! It was seriously SO fun! 





We then came home, got on our Christmas jammies, and listened as Banks read us 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and then as my hub read us the story of Jesus' birth. Finally, off to bed so that Santa could visit!




Christmas Day

He came! He came! We woke up to discover that Santa had, in fact, left the kids the items from their wish lists: NFL mini helmets for Banks, Moana and Rapunzel clothes for Rals, cars and "a watch that turns on" for Harrison, and a new sleeping bag (to match her sister's) and musical toys for Bels, among other things. Christmas.Is.Magical. Just the BEST!!!









After opening all our gifts, and enjoying our breakfast casserole, we basically spent the rest of the day playing with all our new toys and games. One of my favorite memories, though, was the 3-mile run I took that day: you see, usually, I run alone. But that day, Banks begged to run with me. And he did! He ran the whole three miles. And we chatted the whole way, and I loved every.single.step. 

I made two appetizers for lunch that were really tasty (from one of my favorite bloggers) and then my hub made our traditional Christmas dinner - steaks and yummy, Southern sides. A little more playing (#familygamenight) and it was bedtime for all!





Post-Christmas 

And now, we are just enjoying time as a family. We went into the post-Christmas days with very few plans and are making the most of them! I took Harrison on a Momma Date to the movies yesterday and then Banks and Raleigh ice-skating today (after completing our first post-adoption visit with our {awesome} social worker this morning!).  



We have played lots of family games and are getting great use out of our new toys. We have visited our Greenway and have watched a few family movies. And Bels is just along for the ride and loving all of it!








It truly has been a great week with My Lu Crew, and we still have another week before school starts back. Yeehaw! I hope each of you enjoyed a special, magical holiday with your family. Here's to a great closing out of 2017. I'll be back with two last posts to end out the year. See you then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment