Thursday, December 7, 2017

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...the time has come for this fun blog post that I write each year about some of my favorite things, in case you're in need for some fun, outside-the-box gift ideas! There's a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but hopefully all are a lot helpful! :) Here we go!

Face Halo pads. I first saw these when one of my new favorite bloggers raved about them. And then, I was so excited that it was one of the five favorite things I received during this year's "My Favorite Things" party I attended with my girlfriends. These face pads are AMAZING! They require only water and do an incredible job of removing all your make-up (my hub was so pumped I got these: "No more mascara all over our white towels!" he cheered). They are reusable for up to 200 washes and are made with non-toxic microfiber. They are sold in packs of three, so you can divvy them up amongst your girlfriends if you're looking for a fun, reasonably priced gift!


R and F. I mean, I have to give myself a shameless plug every now and again, don't I? Especially since I avoid social media advertizing at all costs. But seriously, if you are interested in this Rodan + Fields stuff that has been everywhere the last couple years, feel free to reach out! Ask any of my customers - I will not BS you on products I don't think work (because I honestly don't love ever R+F product). BUT. There are some I absolutely LOVE (I'm looking at you, LashBoost. It is MAGICAL, y'all), and I am happy to chat more about it. Hook a momma up while helping yourself to age backwards, achieve enviable lashes (no more expensive mascara!), and erase those dark, under-eye circles all of us tired mommas loath! ;)  

Lipsense. Yes, you guys. I know, I know. Lipsense is the new Rodan + Fields when it comes to social media takeover. BUT, when one of my high school besties sent me some to try (because the shade is called "Bella" and she wanted me to have it <3), I was immediately S.O.L.D. after the first use! Here's the thing: you need to buy the kit when you buy your first color. This includes a lip color, a gloss, and the remover, which you apply if you screw up when putting on the color and/or at the end of the day, when you need to remove the color. However, from then after, you just buy any single lip color you like. Y'all this stuff works. It doesn't move from my lips all day! And I just re-apply the clear gloss during the day as needed to keep my lips feeling soft and looking glossy. Now, I can kiss my babies' cheeks 8,567 times per day without covering them with color. AND these would make a superb stocking stuffer, don't ya think? My friend Lindsay has the coolest Facebook page where she shares the cutest videos and photos showcasing various colors and application techniques. Check her out if you're interested in giving this Lipsense stuff a try!


Barre3. You guys know I love, love, love me some barre, and go to classes any chance I get. The last couple years, I was a Pure Barre enthusiast, and I still am! I love the classes, I love the lifting, toning, and burning, I love the staff! It is an awesome workout! But, since bringing home Bella, I have switched over to a new studio that recently opened nearby, called Barre3. Barre3 is similar to Pure Barre in some ways and different in others. One thing it does offer is free childcare, which is exactly what this momma of four needs these days if I want to have any chance of working out, especially on those days my hub is traveling or has meetings. Anywho. A gift certificate to a barre studio would be a super fun gift - maybe a great way for you and your best girlfriend to kick off the new year on a healthy foot? Health - it's the gift that keeps on giving. ;) 

Sip by Swell bottles. This was what I gifted my girlfriends as my "favorite thing" for our party over the weekend. The reason was three-fold: (1) I love drinking water and know how important it is for our health; (2) I love a good, cute water bottle you can tote everywhere; (3) I promised to monogram each of the bottles for the five ladies who ended up with one (thanks to my trusty, Silhouette, which is one of my favorite gifts I have ever received), because this Southern momma loves a good monogram. Target has some really pretty rose gold ones right now as well as tons of other solid color and patterned options! 



Simply To Impress. Meet the stationary brand I will now be using for every holiday card and monogrammed stationary I purchase from here on out. I stumbled upon this brand when looking for something different than the usual suspects (i.e., Minted; Tiny Prints; etc.) for our Christmas cards this year and am now obsessed - with their options, with the quality, with the fast shipping, with the customer service. I am sold! Check this company out if you're looking for pretty stationary as a gift (or if you have yet to order your holiday cards). You will not be disappointed!

Becca Under Eye Brightening Concealer. As a tired momma, I am always on the hunt for a great under-eye concealer to hide my dark circles. Recently, one of my favorite bloggers mentioned this brightening concealer, one that several makeup artists swore by and, well, now I do, too! This stuff is amazing!!! And I love that it gives this pretty, bright, dewy look once applied; at least I can look awake and rejuvenated, even if I don't feel it. ;) 



Fab Fit Fun. I have mentioned this in a recent post but wanted to mention it again. This would be an AWESOME gift for a sister, momma, or friend. FabFitFun sends out four boxes a year, each with different seasonal items that range from accessories to make-up and so much more. I am currently (impatiently) waiting for my second box to arrive, and I can't wait to see what goodies await! At least give it a try and see what you think! Use this code and let me know when your box arrives: http://xo.fff.me/gJOSM

Pretty scarves. I love, love, love me some pretty scarves - comfy, cute, and functional! And I must say, Old Navy is knocking it out of the park with the scarves this season! They have so many cute patterns. Spoiler alert: this is what I am gifting each of Bella's therapists, along with another little yummy surprise. These would be great gifts for so many women in your lives! I snapped a quick pic yesterday to show you one of my current favorite patterns:



And that's all she wrote, folks! I'm sure the second I hit "Publish" on this post I'll think of 108 other ideas, but for now, I leave you with these. Happy shopping, friends! 



No comments:

Post a Comment