Thursday, May 24, 2018

Cheers! Schooooool's......Out...For...Summer!!!!

I remember last summer when I was praying, praying, praying that my hub and I would be able to get to China and back, with our new daughter in hand, all before the 2017-18 school year began. God heard our prayers, and we made it back with exactly one week to spare before that first day of school! 

And somehow, some way, the school year has now come to an end. As we've done the last two years, we are headed to the beach with two of our favorite families in just a few short hours (letting our kiddos skip half a day today as well as tomorrow), but before we hit the road, I wanted to share a couple of things we're saying CHEERS to until I return to blogging sometime next week. On this, our last day of school, we say CHEERS to:

Dance recitals. Last Saturday, Raleigh had her dance recital. She took a combo tap/ballet class all year and was SO excited to finally take the (big!) stage at Winthrop University. She did such a great job, and we were so proud of her! Her big brother and Nana and Pop joined us for the occasion, and we had great seats - second row, front and center - where she could see us from the stage. She locked eyes with us and just smiled so big and sweetly the whole time. Way to go, Rals! We are so proud! She has decided to continue dance next year and will be taking a combo Jazz/Hip Hop class as well as a tumbling class, AND she wants to cheer; so, it's going to be full, fun 2018-19 for our tiny dancer, and I can't wait! <3







End-of-Year Elementary fun. Field Day. Parties. Market Day. Celebrations. Awards. This is what the last week has entailed for Banks and Raleigh, as they have wrapped up second grade and kindergarten, respectively. I am so proud of both of them. They have worked hard and learned so much and have formed new, and strengthened old, friendships. I am SO excited to have more time with each of them this summer.







Healthy baby girl. Bella had her 3-year well-check with our beloved pediatrician earlier this week and had a great appointment! He couldn't believe how far she has come since he first met her and has high hopes for what the future holds for our sweet girl. The day before the appointment, we got a BIG phone call with some GREAT news, and when I shared it with our pediatrician, he was not surprised that this was the news we got, seeing all the progress our little has been making. I'll share more about *that* phone call, the one that made me burst into tears, when I share her next post-adoption update next week. To be totally honest, I want to read the report with my own eyes before I talk about it any more, and I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail. For now, we say HALLELUJAH!!!!




Summer plans. We have lots of fun family plans for the summer, and I am so excited! We have our two annual family beach trips, one with each "side" of the family, AND my hub and I are sneaking off to Cabo for five glorious days. We haven't been on a nice, extended beach vacation like this, sans kids or friends, just the two of us, for like a decade! And we cannot WAIT!!! I am so excited to celebrate my hard-working hub and soak in time with just him. <3

Also this summer, Banks is doing the Dabo Swinney Football Camp at Clemson, a sleep away camp (!!!) for five days with our church, and a Father-Son  Camp; Rals is doing cheerleading and dance camps; Harrison is doing Vacation Bible School; and Bella will continue three hours of weekly therapies all summer, with our speech, occupational, and (new!!!) physical therapist. We are also in the midst of swim team and All-Stars baseball, both of which will wrap up by the start of July. So, this promises to be a full summer, but also one filled with plenty of family time, friend time, pool time, relaxation time, and memory-making time. 

We are ready for you summer! Bring.It.On. Starting......NOW!




We're outta here, friends! Be back here sometime next week! 

And Happy Memorial Day to all, especially those whose loved ones have battled bravely to keep us safe and are now keeping watching in God's embrace. <3 Have a lovely (long!) weekend, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy your posts! I feel like I know every one of you! All I’m gonna say today is HAVE A FUN, BLESSED VACATION! Enjoy the time away and don’t get too much sun!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete