Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Loving Lately...

One of my favorite reasons for reading others' blogs is to learn about products, purchases, businesses, entertainment, etc., that I otherwise would know nothing about! And from time to time, I like to use my little space here to do the same. And with Valentine's Day fast approaching (as in, TOMORROW!), I thought it'd be nice to share the love. A few things I have been loving lately: 

New hair. On Sunday, I spent two glorious hours with my favorite Fort Mill stylist, Tyler Herring. For my local ladies looking to try a new (to you) stylist, I could not recommend Tyler any more highly. Pretty sure the transformation below speaks for itself. I had let my hair go waaaaaay too long without getting a proper cut and also decided I wanted to change things up and go back to my hub's favorite hue for my hair by adding more blonde back in after years of going back to brunette. Tyler will be working at Circa North for a couple more weeks before opening up her own spot. Check her out, friends (843-906-4085). She is a MAGICIAN!





Sweet potato chips. I've been doing most of our grocery shopping at Aldi the last few weeks because they just have such great prices on healthy, organic foods! While there recently, I discovered my new favorite "chips" that are not only a health(ier) alternative to regular potato chips but well-loved by all members of my family: Simply Nature Sweet Potato Chips. So. Good.

Blowfish. I had been coveting these shoes for many months and put them on my Christmas list, but sadly, could not find them anywhere. In fact, I thought they were no longer being made. Until last week, that is! I had a few minutes to spare during Raleigh's dance class and some money left over on a Christmas gift certificate to one of my favorite local clothing boutiques, Page 6. I was at the register making my purchases when these my beauts caught my eye: My shoes!! The ones I had been searching for high and low. You can bet your bottom dollar these will be a regular fixture on my feet. Check out Page 6 Boutique for these (and many other super cute) shoes! 


Chewy.com. Guys, we've had our dog for nearly 15 years; yet, it wasn't until we were preparing to bring our kitty, Theo, home that I heard about Chewy. Do y'all already know about this? It's basically like amazon but for pet supplies and their prices are the BEST!

Preschool Prep. Several years ago, I saw these DVDs on zulily.com and ordered them for my then preschoolers, Banks and Raleigh. We had the set of four, which included "Colors," "Shapes," "Numbers," and "Letters." Research suggests that kids exposed to these concepts via these DVDs each day for about a month demonstrated acquisition of all lessons presented! So, I would let them play for Banks and Raleigh on occasion while driving around running errands. Fast forward to now, when Harrison and Bella are now in preschool. Our Preschool Prep DVDs were well loved (read: scratched from years of handling and use). Luckily, Santa brought a brand new set for Bella for Christmas. Even better? The set now includes four more DVDs that include lessons such as "Phonics," "Digraphs," and "Letter Sounds." These things are AWESOME, and I truly believe they have played/are playing a big role in Bella's recognition and identification of colors, numbers, letters, and shapes! Could not recommend them any more highly! 

Target Valentines. Target does it again! I realize this part of the post may be too late seeing as how Valentine's Day is tomorrow but still thought it'd be good to share as a fun little reminder for next year (as someone did the same last year and I remembered it for Valentine's this year!). First: I have bought our Valentine's from Target the last two years because they have the cutest options in the Dollar Spot (each set is $3). Rather than just a card or candy, these little Valentines come with a fun little toy for the kiddos (sorry mommas - I know it's annoying how quickly these tiny, cheap toys can accumulate but just toss them when your kids are over them and aren't looking -ha!). 



This year (this is the part someone posted last year that I remembered to seek out for this year), I also purchased these little kits for Banks and Raleigh to make their Valentine boxes. They took all of five minutes to put together, and they love them!



New recipes. I've written recently that I've been trying to make cleaner, healthier foods for my family over the last month or so and thought I'd share three of my favorite new recipes: Overnight Oats (which are good and filling and healthy and you can make all kinds of variations!), Clean, Skinny Avocado Brownies (yes, I know this may sound gross/odd/weird, but they are delicious!), and Slow Cooker, Clean White Chicken Chili (light, healthy, and so good!). 

Mathnasium. Lastly, I have to give a shout out to my sweet friend, Leslie, who, along with her husband, Will, will be opening the doors to her very own business, Mathnasium, in the upcoming weeks!!! Local friends, it is located in Kingsley, right across from Broadcloth. Mathnasium works with kiddos between grades 1st through 12th, teaching math in ways that makes sense to them through individualized plans designed to address their specific needs (whether they struggle OR are advanced in math - they have plans to help kids of all levels!). I cannot wait for their doors to open and see them amazingness they bring to our sweet community. <3 

And there's a peek at some things I'm loving lately! Let me know if there is anything you've been loving that I must try! And Happy (early!) Valentine's Day! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment