Friday, May 3, 2019

Cheers to the Week, Party On Edition

If you know me, than you know I love, love, love birthdays. They are my favorite. And last week was our Harrison's 5th birthday! So, we were definitely saying CHEERS to that and more this week, and will continue to do so, as we welcome in the week/end: 

High FIVE for Harrison. I posted details from Harrison's party earlier this week but wanted to share what our 5-year-old did on his actual birthday, too! He awoke to our tradition of decorations on his bedroom door and then ran into the kitchen to find more decor and his gifts and cake awaiting. 




He was thrilled to then join his daddy for the annual birthday breakfast date and chose Waffle House as the venue. The apple doesn't fall far... ;) He then had some time to play at home with his new toys before he and I ventured off to his preschool field trip! It just so happened that the pre-k graduation playground celebration was the day of his birthday #perfecttiming; so, we met his preschool buddies for the field trip at a local park, where they ran wild before enjoying cupcakes and popsicles. 






After scooping up Bella from school, we headed home where we had lunch and had more playtime with his toys. I don't think the kiddo came inside all day, and luckily, we had beautiful weather that day! While Bella worked with her occupational and then speech therapists at our home, he and I snuck off for a little scavenger hunt and Momma Date at the farm stand located just outside of our neighborhood. 







Shortly after, his Bammy, and then his Nana and Pop, arrived! They had come to celebrate the birthday boy and cheer on Raleigh in her flag football game that night. First though, I fixed the birthday boy's request for dinner: sprinkle pancakes with syrup. Done and done! After then watching Raleigh's game, we came home so the birthday boy could blow out his candles, eat some cake, and then play a little backyard family baseball before hitting the hay. Whew! We were pooped but had so much fun celebrating our 5-year-old! <3









Sports march on. Whelp, our undefeated Riverdogs are undefeated no more after losing their first two games last week. Hopefully, they'll bring home the W when they play tonight! Meanwhile, as I mentioned above, Rals was so excited to have her grandparents there to cheer her on in her game last Thursday - Go Cowboys! And then our Nana and Pop were still here to cheer on Harrison in his teeball game last Saturday morning, and he just loved it! <3



New contacts, who dis. Banks has officially made the switch: from glasses to contacts! Doesn't he look so grown up?! And, after a few days of practice, he got them in all by himself one morning. Go Bankster! :) 




A Make-Up Birthday Celebration. Have y'all heard of Lindsey Regan Thorn? She is a well-known make-up artist in the Charlotte area with a huge IG following, and she is awesome - so knowledgeable about make-up products and application. I was so excited to attend a private make-up lesson with nine other girlfriends as a way to celebrate a dear friend's birthday last week. We sat and took in every word and product recommendation as we oohed and aahed over the make-up transformation she demonstrated on our beautiful birthday gal pal. I  ordered several of the products she recommended and used them for the first time this morning! I will report back after I use them for a bit. :)



Double date night. After a crazy Saturday that included a yard sale, teeball game, coffee with my mentor, and birthday party for our birthday boy, my hub and I were able to sneak out with a couple we love for a little double date night. It was the perfect way to close out a crazy day last weekend! 



Let's see: the last week has also included more sports; a IEP meeting for Bella with her awesome education team; an overnight stay at the vet for our little kitty, Theo; a dentist appointment for my big three; preparations for Teacher Appreciation Week next week; swim time with buddies for Harrison; an in-home date night with my hub; etc. May has arrived and with it, May madness begins! :) 

And now, the weekend awaits! My hub left earrrrrrly this morning for a special weekend: a deep-sea fishing trip with great friends to celebrate the last year of his 30s! This is the third year in a row he's done this fishing trip to celebrate his birthday, and I know they are going to have the best time. Meanwhile, I'll be flying solo with my s{quad}. Banks has a baseball game tonight, Harrison has a teeball game tomorrow, and we'll have lots of fun together in between. Have a lovely weekend, friends. Be back next week if I can, although we have two big birthdays to celebrate, so I may be scarce around these parts. Regardless, I'll "see" y'all soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment