Monday, May 6, 2019

Prime Time, Take 2

Whelp, I already failed and didn't get around to making this a monthly post, seeing as how April came and went without it. BUT better late than never, right? I absolutely LOVED seeing all the comments and feedback from the first time I wrote one of these "Prime Time" posts, which exist solely to share my favorite items I have Amazon Primed lately. That being said, this thing is only as successful as the comments, so while I will share my favorites below, please feel free to comment on Facebook with your recent Amazon Prime must-haves. I ordered several that were recommended (I'll include a couple below), and can't wait to see what y'all recommend this month. Let's do this!: 

Goggles. Our second season of swim team starts TODAY! I needed to order new goggles for this year and went with the same pair for Raleigh (which were recommended last year by a friend whose children are ROCKSTAR swimmers - thanks, Sheila!). I got her the fun, rainbow strap-colored ones, which she loves. For Banks, though, I needed to order some prescription goggles to address his near-sightedness. Enter this pair, which allowed me to order based on his prescription needs (thanks for this rec, Volree!). 

Swim bags. Speaking of swim team, how awesome are these bags I scooped up for Banks and Raleigh for this season? I busted out my trusty Silhouette Cameo to personalize them, and I guarantee they will use them every day from now until swim team ends next month. Check them out if you have swim teamers (or just swimmers who want their own bag to tote their own stuff). 

Parent-child journals. In my Big 3's Easter baskets this year, I gave each a special parent-child-shared journal, and they (and I!) LOVE them! I got this one for Banks, this one for Raleigh, and this one for Harrison (so he and his dad can draw back and forth to each other). 

Collagen. Well, ladies, as we age we lose collagen, and well, I intend to fight the good fight for my health (and hair and nails and skin - ha!). My friend, Lauren, recommended this awesome product during my last Prime Time post, which came recommended from a very well-known and respected, health-oriented trainer. I ordered it immediately. I now put one scoop of this powder in my coffee every morning (it is tasteless), and my hair stylist noticed a difference in the health of my hair in the 8 weeks between my last appointments. This was a good buy - I already ordered more!

Scooter. This post is really kid-product-heavy, huh? But that's been most of my Amazon purchases lately, to be honest. I'll drop one more here, in case anyone is in need of an awesome gift for young kids: Harrison received the best scooter a couple years ago, but after the back wheel was accidentally run over by *someone* (ahem....me), it was running a little wonky. We love that dang scooter so much we got him another for his 5th birthday. It runs so smoothly and, unless you run over it with your tank of a car, lasts forever. 

Summer platforms. I tend to wear shoes into the ground. I find a pair I like and wear them over and over and over...so, sometimes I don't mind spending a little more on them because I get so much use out of them. But this last pair I ordered? Not only were they super cheap and, I swear, as comfortable as a pair of slippers, but I will be able to wear them non-stop all summer and then if they do wear out, the price won't have broken the bank. I highly recommend these (just know they take a couple weeks to ship). 
____________________
And a couple of fails: 

Workout fail. Someone I know recommended these workout pants to me and I ordered them immediately - cannot beat that price! - but when they finally arrived, I was SO disappointed. They are super comfortable but are not workout worthy. Pajama worthy, yes. So, I'll be wearing these as pajamas and not to barre. Womp womp. 

Can o' trash. We also recently ordered a new trashcan for our kitchen after years upon years of using the same one. And we really like it...we just don't like that we discovered after using it for a month that we now have to order special trash bags to fit it. Boo. 
____________________

Alright, y'all. Whatcha got? Share that Prime Time love! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment