Sunday, August 18, 2019

Last Summer Check-In

Sniff, sniff. Sadly, our 2019 summer break is coming to a close after the fastest summer of our lives. Maybe it's because my s{quad} got along so well this summer (save the tattling and occasional arguing); maybe it's because we tried to cram our days full of good ol' fashioned family fun; maybe it's because I tried so hard to "Be Where My Feet Are," enjoying the company of those I was with...it was just a really, really good summer. And I am sad to see it come to an end. Before we do, though, I wanted to share one last recap of our last 1/3 of the summer:

NYC. Recently, my hub and I traveled to NYC, a couple days before one of my cousins was to be married in Connecticut. We met my brother and sister "in law" and stayed in a great hotel right in the heart of Manhattan. We were only in NYC for about 24 hours but stocked it full of fun. My hub and I arrived first and immediately found an open air bar and restaurant for lunch, where we could enjoy some yummy food and get in some good people watching. We then roamed the streets, did a little shopping, and freshened up before greeting my brother and SIL in the lobby of our hotel. 



From there, we jumped on the subway and headed to what was, without a doubt, my top priority of our NYC visit: the National September 11th Memorial and Museum. It's hard to put into words how impactful this place is. But I can say this: everyone should visit at some point in their life. We were there for well over two hours and could have stayed for hours more. It is a powerful place that moved me and brought me to tears and reinvigorated my love of being an American. Next, we headed to the new One World Trade Center building - wow! We ended up getting to the top right as the sun was setting over the city and it was beautiful. We ended up eating in the restaurant right there overlooking the city. So awesome! We then hit a couple of nightspots, one verrrrry *interesting*, and called it a day. A really good one. 











The next morning, my hub and I were up and at 'em to grab some breakfast to-go so that we could enjoy it in Central Park. We had the most perfect weather during our visit, and it was such a lovely place to enjoy our breakfast and coffee while waiting for my brother and SIL to join us. We strolled around the park for awhile before finally heading back to grab our bags, get our rental car, and head to Shelton, Connecticut for a big ol' family wedding!





Wedding. Oh man. We had TOO.MUCH.FUN. over my sweet cousin's wedding weekend. None of my sibs, nor us, brought our kids, and we realized this was this first family wedding we had all been to without a little one running around wild. And we took full advantage. We ate and drank and danced and laughed and truly just had so much fun together, as a family. I loved every second. 

















Adventure Week. Last week marked our 2nd Annual Lu Crew Adventure Week. This is a week where I come up with a list of something fun to do each day that we've never done before - be it hitting up fun new spots or trying new activities or getting new treats, each day is something different and my kiddos now look forward to it each summer. I had two favorite adventures from this year's week. The first was driving an hour to visit Lazy 5 Ranch, which was totally worth the drive! I was worried Bella would be freaked out but she LOVED it. Basically, we arrived to the beautiful ranch and got on a horse-drawn wagon (I had made a reservation beforehand, which I would strongly recommend). We were each given a big bucket of food and taken all over the ranch to feed the animals (bison, ostrich, pigs, llamas, cows, sheep, giraffes, etc.). It took about an hour and my kiddos just laughed and squealed the whole time. Then, we walked around the petting zoo portion of the ranch and fed the animals the remaining food. It was a blast!











My other favorite adventure involved the whole Lu Crew, as my hub took the day off work and rented a boat for us to use for several hours. It was so fun! We tubed and swam and picnicked on the boat and rode all around the lake. I'm not sure who had more fun. :) Can't wait to see what next year's Adventure Week brings! ;) 











Friend time. Aside from some good family time, we've each also managed to get in some good friend time. Playdates and sleepovers; celebrations and dinners; concerts and parties: we've loved getting in some good time with good friends. <3 We've also been able to try out four new restaurants that have opened recently in our sweet town, and I seriously loved every.single.one.of.them. 







Doc Momma Bakes. Although my schedule still hasn't allowed me to take up my baking business again just yet, I was more than happy to make some cookie favors for a dear friend who's baby shower I am co-hosting this morning. I tried a new technique and was really happy with how they turned out for my sweet friend. <3 More on the shower later this week but for now, a peek at the cookie favors :) 




Meet the Teacher. Yesterday, I spent most of the day at our beloved elementary school, seeing as how all four of my babes will be together at the same school next year (HALLELUJAH!!!). Each got to meet their teacher, and I could not be more excited about who each was assigned for the 2019-2020 school year. I have a feeling it's going to be a great year for my Lu Crew under the care and guidance of their awesome teachers. 

 






And now, after a fun weekend of boy vs. girl time (more on that later), the 2019-2020 school year awaits. For now, it's Luton Summer 2019: over and out. <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment