Friday, August 30, 2019

Cheers to the Weekend: Labor Day Weekend Edition

Hi friends! I am back from a 24-hour trip to one of my favorite places on the planet: Tiger Town! My hub and I snuck away yesterday morning and spent the day walking all over our beloved Clemson campus and tailgating with friends we love. We then headed into Memorial Stadium to cheer on our reigning national champion Tigers as they took on, and took down, Georgia Tech. The stadium was absolutely electric with all of the excited fans, coaches, and players, and we had an absolute BLAST! Football season has arrived, and my Lu Crew couldn't be happier!








So, we are definitely saying CHEERS to that, as well as a few other things as we welcome in this 3-day weekend: 

Safety Patrol. At our elementary school, students are allowed to submit applications to join safety patrol once they are rising 4th and 5th graders. Banks applied last spring and was accepted and so excited! This means, every other week, he is one of the first students to arrive to school in order to proudly wear his safety patrol gear as he opens the car doors of the students arriving via the carpool line. It's the little things... ;) (and of course, his first morning, I just had to drive up to the school to see my boy in action). <3


Fall Sports in full gear. We are in full Fall family sports mode over here, but honestly, I love it! There is just nothing like getting to see my kiddos do what they love and pursue their passions, even if it does mean spending several hours in the car trucking them around. ;) For memory's sake, a look at our current Fall Sports Schedule for my little Lus: 

Monday -      Banks: Tackle football from 6:00-8:00 pm
Tuesday -      Bella: Tap/Ballet from 4:15-5:00 pm
                      Harrison: Flag football from 5:30-6:15
                      Banks: Tackle football from 6:00-8:00 pm
Wednesday - Raleigh: Gymnastics from 3:30-4:30 pm 
Thursday -     Banks: Golf from 4:00-5:00 pm
                      Harrison: Flag football from 5:30-6:15
                      Banks: Tackle football from 6:00-8:00 pm
Friday -          NOTHING!!!!
Saturday -     Banks: Tackle football from 10:00-12:00 pm
  

Whew. But they are happy, which makes me happy! It also makes me happy that PSLs have officially arrived, people! And with that after school, extra curricular craziness, y'all know I grabbed my first of many for the season the morning those glorious PSLs arrived! 


Camp Crestridge photos. I wrote earlier this week about my big, big love for Camp Crestridge. I was so excited to see the camp photos hit my inbox earlier this morning. Here are two of my faves: the first is of the moment Raleigh and I captured the flag during the first night's event, Sock Wars. The second cracks me up because it's my friend, Ashley, being shaving-cream-pied in the face by her sweet daughter, Peyton, and my concerned face as I watch on and know that I am next. Ha! 



And that's all I've got, y'all! Have an awesome Labor Day weekend, and I'll be back next week to share some things I'm loving lately that you may just love, too! *See* y'all then!


No comments:

Post a Comment