Thursday, January 23, 2020

A Eucalyptus-Themed Bridal Shower

Last weekend, my sisters, my mom, and I threw a eucalyptus-themed bridal shower for our cousin/niece, who is getting married at the end of next month (and we can't wait! My family + weddings = FUN!). We are so excited for our bride and were honored to shower her with love and celebration as we eagerly anticipate her nuptials. Here, a look at the shower we threw our Jen: 

The invitation. I found these pretty invitations on etsy via High Peaks Studios, which I was then able to customize and have printed. Easy, simple, and pretty!



The decor. My amazingly talented friend, Jennifer, was so, so kind to make this beautiful balloon garland in our color theme of green, gold, and white. It served as the loveliest backdrop for the shower, and I remain in awe of my sweet friend's talent. Isn't it (and she!) amazing?! 



The rest of the decor was kept very simple, with white tablecloths and serving platters and eucalyptus leaves woven throughout and across the tables. Lit tea lights served as the final, dainty touch. 


The food and beverages. My mom and one of my sisters were in charge of the menu and, because the shower was mid-afternoon (my favorite time for a party!), we served light hor d'oeuvres (tea sandwiches; vegetable and cheese platter; egg rolls; my mom's homemade cheese ball (the guest of honor's favorite!); and petit fours). There was also a wine/champagne/mimosa/bellini station. 





The favors. I was thrilled to make the cookies for the guests for their party favors and wanted to tie the theme into them. I was very happy with how they turned out: they were white with a gold luster dust splatter and a eucalyptus sprig on top. I housed each in a cellophane bag, which was tied with green twine. 




What followed was an afternoon celebrating our bride as she was surrounded by loved family and friends. It was a great day. :) 




We hope you felt as loved and as special as you are, Jenny! The countdown is on... <3



No comments:

Post a Comment