Sunday, January 5, 2020

Eight.

Dear Raleigh, 

If I could have dreamed up who I wanted my little girl to be, my dreams still wouldn't have been as amazing as you. 



Eight years ago today, your daddy and I cried tears of gratitude and pure, unconditional love as we kissed your sweet cheeks for the first time, staring at your deep blue eyes and your lightly blonde, but mostly bald, head. 



You are what is good in this world, Rals. You are so very kind -  a friend to ALL. You love your girlfriends so much and love spending time with them. And now that you're old enough to stray from the house a bit, it's been so fun to watch you develop special relationships with your girls, running from this house to that, giggling along the way. 



But more than any other kiddo in this family, you adore family time. When I asked everyone's favorite moment from 2019 recently, you didn't hesitate: "time with my family." I asked you to narrow it down and you just couldn't: because family time is your favorite time (mine too, sweet girl). 



You are an amazingly strong little athlete too, honey. You blow me away as I watch you easily climb the hanging rope at gymnastics every week and quickly conquer new skills soon after they are taught to you. You can do pull-ups, no problem (for the record, your momma can do exactly zero) and don't get me started on the strength of those abs: your daddy and I joke that you are basically just one strong muscle - ha! 



And yet...unlike your big brother, you don't have a competitive bone in your body. You don't like to be in the spotlight, have no desire to be on the competitive gymnastics team, and it doesn't bother you a bit when you lose a game. You are happy trying new things, rather than focusing on one endeavor, and it's always exciting to see what you want to try next! In fact, you were the only girl on your flag football team last year and didn't bat an eye while racing down that field, ball in hand, as they boys tried to track you down (which they most often didn't ;) ). Know that you will ALWAYS find me cheering you on, wherever your interests and pursuits may take you. 



You are so smart and hard-working and are having a fantastic year in second grade! You love to read and write, my favorite of which are the notes you write for me often. <3 They are just so pure and sweet and full of kindness - just like you. 



You are the greatest big sister, Raleigh Jane. Truly. It is such a beautiful blessing to see you love on your siblings, especially your sister, who is your dream come true. Your daddy and I ask you often if you are ready for your own room and you steadfastly insist, "No!!!" You are happiest sharing a room with your sister. 



I could not be any prouder of you than I am, my girl. You are my best pal, and I love you for exactly who you are, from the top of your head to the tips of your toes. You are a bright light in this world, Raleigh, and I can't wait to watch you shine during your eighth year. Happy, Happy Birthday, Rals. You are loved, you are loved, you are loved. 



With All My Heart, 

Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment