Sunday, April 25, 2021

Seven.

Dear Harrison, 

Today, my sweet boy, you are seven. SEVEN. I just cannot fathom it, buddy. What I wouldn't give to go back to one of those early nights in your room, illuminated only by the light of a nearby wooden lamp, rocking you, nursing you, humming our song softly, and staring into your bright green eyes. But life doesn't work that way. So, instead, I will use today to celebrate the boy you have grown to be over the last seven years. Today is a day for celebrating. Today is a day all about YOU. Today, we focus on the immense joy you bring to so many!!!

Here's what I know about you, today, as you turn 7: 

You love, love, love sports: football in particular, with basketball not falling far behind. But you are game for any sport, really: tennis, baseball, swimming - yes, yes, and yes! You are happiest running around outside with your friends, throwing around a ball, climbing trees, shooting hoops, riding your bike: you love being active!

You also love those limited times when I will allow for a little video game playing. You would play them all day long, if only your momma would allow it (she won't - she wants you outside as much as possible ;) ). 

You love chocolate sandwiches (aka Nutella) and you love when I guess what you had for breakfast and lunch at school each day - you think it's hilarious when I just can't seem to guess it correctly!

You love wearing jerseys and athletic tights under shorts. You wear a jersey of some sort every.single.day. (and on the rare occasion you don't, it's only because your jerseys have been taken away as a punishment). 

You think your dad and big brother hung the moon, which melts my heart. You even want to grow your hair out long, just like Banks. :) 

You love to snuggle during movie nights and also love when I lie with you just before bedtime, as we pray together and laugh together and talk about our days. 

The sweetest, and my favorite thing, about you, though, is your deep sense of empathy. Your graciousness. Your care and concern for others. You can be the sweetest, most complimentary little boy, and it just makes me so proud to see such a kind, soft side of you. It is just the best. 

Harrison Robert, you are always ready for fun. You are always down for adventure. And you will always have such a gigantic piece of my heart. You are my little light, buddy, and I pray you will always continue to shine brightly and bring so much joy and laughter to those around you. I love you, I love you, I love you, forever. 

With All My Heart, 

Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment