Sunday, January 16, 2022

December 2021

December was....well, December! My favorite month of the year, and not just because I am a December birthday baby - ha! To me, December is just magical - the holiday spirit, the meaning behind it, the lights, the giving, the extra time with family and friends. It's just the best. A look at our 2021 December: 

It was family December events, old and new traditions alike: like choosing and decorating our tree;  taking the girls (and Bammy and my sister and niece!) to see The Nutcracker (the aerial arts version this year!); visiting Gingerbread Lane with my little Lus; rocking some festive wear; date nights and Christmas parties with my hub; painting our traditional Christmas pottery; volunteering at an event for Defend the Fatherless; decorating cookies; and visiting Santa!















It was so much fun with such great friends: annual cocoa + cookies + crafts; glow-in-the-dark putt putt; 6th grade Christmas party; middle school volunteer event; Secret Santa exchanges; guys night out; mommas/daughters date to get our nails done; to holiday parties and everything in between:











It was such a wonderful 41st birthday for me, that began with a birthday eve happy hour with some ladies I loved, included plenty of spoiling by my thoughtful hub, and ended with dinner at a nice restaurant with just us. I loved it. <3 : 





It was Christmas with my "in laws" at their home, filled with lots of laughs and lots of fun: 








It was the greatest Christmas Eve surprise ever, that none of our kids saw coming (full post on our sweet Tyson Beau coming soon!) : 







It was the annual Jingle Jog, Christmas Eve service and dinner with friends we love so much, and finally, the reading of the Christmas story from the Bible and 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (read by Harrison this year) :






It was Christmas morning. Just the BEST. The morning with just our fam and then we hosted my sister + her crew and my parents, for dinner, plus a happy hour with more fam in our back yard:










And then we spent the rest of our Christmas break having too much fun, resting in between it all: 










We closed out the year with our annual Noon-Year celebration and then an actual New Year's Eve family friendly party, and, finally New Year's Day shenanigans, going two years strong now:

 







W H E W! A month packed full of fun! And now, we rest...ish...errr...not really. On to 2022 with a bang!



No comments:

Post a Comment