Sunday, January 16, 2022

September 2021

As September arrived, we got into the swing of things as far as school schedules and routines go. Additionally, it was time for the return of Fall sports! A look at what our September looked like, including celebrating our 12-year-old birthday boy, Banks!

My girls visited the best orthodontist on the planet, Dr. Whitney, who just so happens to be my sister. :) We learned that Raleigh will not need braces at all! 

We lost our G.Gram and were selfishly devastated for us but SO happy for her, getting to walk into Jesus' arms and finally be reunited with her husband, after nearly two decades apart. And my mom, who has taken the best of care of her mom over the last few years, never let go of her hand during her last days on earth. I got my own, biggest girl, who adored her G.Gram, out of school early that day so we could cry together and spend the day together: 



We started up a new season of travel baseball with a fantastic new coach and both some returning and new teammates. We started the season strong and loved cheering on our Legacy boys!:




Other extra-curriculars ensued for the kiddos, including flag football for both my boys, aerial arts for Raleigh, and tumbling for Bella:


My hub and I headed to the Clemson/Georgia game with a couple we love, very convenient since it was held 20 minutes away, at Charlotte's Bank of America Stadium. Although we didn't come away with the win, we did come away having had a great time:



A dear friend and I saw my favorite author/motivator/encourager/speaker on the planet: Bob Goff. It was an incredible night:

The kids had tons of fun with friends doing all sorts of shenanigans: 







And my hub and I had the absolute BEST time celebrating our friend's 40th during the most amazing weekend in Charleston, Southern-Charmed-themed for our sweet Southern belle birthday girl!


Finally, we celebrated Banks turning 12, the last year before becoming a...gulp...teen. He decided he wanted an evening at Top Golf with friends for his party this, so that's exactly what he got, chaperoned by my hub and the brave-ha!-dad of one of his friends. 










A great way to end a great first month of school. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment