Friday, June 12, 2015

Five On Friday: Let's Do This Thing! Edition

Just a quick post for today as I'm spending my other "free" (re: nap) time working hard on the new Mom-ing Through Faith blog series. So, here's my Friday Five for this week:

[ONE].
Speaking of the Mom-ing Through Faith series, I cannot tell you how very excited I am to get this thing up and going!!! I have so many ideas, and I just want to dive in and start publishing new posts every single hour of every single day! That last intro post I wrote was the most read post I have ever written. Ever. In the nearly three years I've been blogging. This tells me (1) we mommas are in this thing together; (2) we mommas want to grow in our faith; and (3) we mommas know it takes a village. So, let's do this thing! 

I'm thinking that "Mom-ing Through Faith" Mondays has a nice ring to it. Plus, that way we'll all know when to check back here each week so we can support each other, learn together, and grow, grow, grow. Also, publishing each post a week apart will allow plenty of time for each of us to reflect on what we learn and discuss and reach out to each other as a momma community as new connections are made and relationships are formed. So, make sure you're back here Monday and we'll kick this thing off together!

[TWO].
Banks and Raleigh had camp all this week, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm each day. One of the things that I love about my 'hood is that it is very child friendly, with lots of events and activities offered year-round, with summer being no exception (can you tell I am ALWAYS recruiting?!). All summer, different camps are offered each week, for kids of different ages. Because the camp this week was for children between the ages of 3 and 5, Banks and Raleigh got to go together. They had the BEST time! There were tennis lessons, art activities, daily pool time, a petting zoo, and a water day, and those kiddos were smiling from ear to ear each day I picked them up. :) Banks also put HIMSELF down for naps twice this week during his daily "room time." Yep, I'd say those kiddos had fun!


[THREE].
Meanwhile, this little guy and I got plenty of one-on-one momma time. It was really nice because we mostly just hung around the house, playing together for hours and hours. Such a dream boat, this little fella:

 




[FOUR].
This was a busy week for our little fam, filled with kiddo playdates as well as grown-up gatherings. :) Then, last night, my hub and I joined seven other couples to head into Charlotte for the Kenny Chesney concert. Although I am dragging a little today, it was fun, fun, fun. We left at 5:00 pm, all riding together, and then stopped for a drink Uptown to kick off the night o' fun. After that, it was all about Kenny, country, and kickin' up our heels. Yeehaw, y'all!




[FIVE]. 
Aside from a double date night tomorrow night with some dear friends, we are laying pretty low this weekend as we recover from our late night last night (I just can't hang like I used to). ;) I'm guessing a little Pure Barre and pool time is in my future...

I hope you have a great weekend, too. See you on Monday for the first official "Mom-ing Through Faith" post. <3 <3 <3




No comments:

Post a Comment