Friday, November 20, 2015

Cheers To The Weekend: Thanksgiving Edition

Some how, some way, it is already time for Thanksgiving. People told me that the year would fly by once Banks started elementary school, and boy were they right!!! And on that note, on this weekend before Thanksgiving, here's what I'm saying CHEERS to:

The L.W. Rutland Thanksgiving Food Drive. I could not be happier to report that, for the ninth year in a row, many, many families in need (and by many, I mean 80!) will receive Thanksgiving meals thanks to the kindness and generosity of so many of our friends and family. I absolutely cannot thank you enough for making this fundraiser a smashing success. <3

100th Pure Barre class. I may have mentioned a time or two 10,000 times or so how much I Iove Pure Barre. After my hub and I decided that Harrison would be our last baby, I wanted to work hard to tone things back up, while challenging myself mentally and physically and also prioritizing a little necessary "me time" each week to help my sanity. So, earlier this year, I began attending Pure Barre and have gone anywhere from 2 to 4 times a week since then. For me, it is incredibly important for my mental, emotional, and physical health, as it makes me feel like a happier and more energized momma, which is definitely required for me to keep up with my little circus. ;) This morning, at 5:45 am, I completed my 100th class. I am very proud of this accomplishment and am so thankful for the wonderful Pure Barre friendships I've developed along the way, including with the beautiful and inspiring instructors. <3 


Clemson football. As of today, our Clemson Tigers are undefeated, standing strong at a #1 ranking for the first time since 1981. Tomorrow, my little family and I will travel to Tiger Town to cheer on our Tigers in the last home game of the 2015-16 season. Here's hoping we take down the Wake Forest Deacs and bring home the W!

4th Birthday Party Planning. My little lady will turn 4 shortly after we welcome in 2016, which means party planning is well under way! Similar to last year's party, I decided to "farm out" the party, which in this case means the venue, activity, and invitations are already handled by the location where we're having it. That certainly takes a lot of pressure off a momma, and I can't wait for her big 0-4 celebration. :) 

Christmas cards. Our 2015 family Christmas cards came in the mail, and I am SO happy with how they turned out. I did something a little different this year, which I'll explain after they all go in the mail in a couple weeks. :)

Family time. It is incredibly important to my little family of five to spend the holidays with both "sides" of the family. So, as we've done for the last 12 (13?) years, we'll be clocking in hours in both Aiken and Columbia next week, eating our weight in turkey, stuffing, and green bean casserole. Yummy! 

That being said, I'll be taking a break from the blog next week to spend time with those I love but will be back the following week with lots of fun posts planned for December, including a little something special for YOU, my dear friends and family. Love you all!

Happy Thanksgiving! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment