Friday, March 11, 2016

Cheers to the Weekend, Spring Edition

Oops. I didn't make time to blog this week because we were enjoying the GLORIOUS, GOD-SENT, SPRING WEATHER pretty much 24/7. I mean, 70s and 80s and plenty of sunshine? So long indoors! 

Anywho. Here's what I'm saying CHEERS to as we welcome in this Daylight Savings Time weekend:

Grown-Up Prom. Last Saturday was one of the most fun days I have EVER had. From start to finish, it was just an absolute blast. It started bright and early Saturday morning, when I met two other girlfriends to get our nails done. I then hit up a Pure Barre class before heading to the mall to grab a new clutch and pair of shoes. A couple of hours later, I met another girlfriend at a local salon and spa to have our hair and make-up done before heading home to put on a BEAUTIFUL gown. 




I then headed over to another girlfriend's house, with five other friends, where we snapped tons of photos a la prom style before heading out to meet our hubbies, who were an hour into a bourbon tasting and waiting for their dates to arrive.

Why all the pampering and fuss? Especially for a girl who hasn't had a manicure in WELL over a year (two?) and hasn't had her make-up professionally done since her wedding, almost 12 years ago? Well, it was all for an awesome cause: the first annual Greenway Gala, a fundraising event with all proceeds benefitting our local greenway.


It was SO.MUCH.FUN. Just the best night!!!! We ate and drank and bid (and won!) in a silent auction and then spent hours dancing to the absolute best band. I seriously cannot remember the last time I had so much fun with my hub and so many amazing girlfriends. We are already counting down 'til next year!!!




And for those who were so sweet in complimenting my gown, THANK YOU! Want to know a little secret? The beautiful, fully sequined, rose gold Badgley Mischka gown is not mine. Nor does it belong to a friend or family member. Nope. I rented it through Rent The Runway! Have y'all heard of this and/or ever used it? It is the best thing ever! Bascially, you pay a fraction of the price of the gown to rent it for a few days. You select your size (and a back-up size in case your size doesn't fit once it arrives) and both arrive a day or two before your event. You then ship it back a day or two after the event in the packaging it came in. Easy, peasy and SO fun to be able to wear something so special! Actually, nine of us used this awesome rental service for the gala, and it was just a blast getting all glitzed and glammed in all of our different gowns! RTR has all kinds of dresses, from daytime to formal, as well as accessories, jewelry, etc. How cool is that?! You can bet your bottom dollar this is my new go-to place anytime I need a special and fun dress!


I was also ecstatic to wear Reece Blaire jewelry to the gala. One of my dear friends, Emily, is the Reece in Reece Blaire and was so, so sweet to accessorize each of the girls in our group with gorgeous jewelry for the gala. And, in AMAZING news, Reece Blaire will be available in Belk stores later this week!!!!! Some pieces are already available online (although some have already sold out!); so, be sure to check out the stunning jewelry!

Life Groups. We have been with our couples Life Group for 2.5 years, and it is truly one of the best decisions we made since moving to the Mill. We dig deep and get real and support and love and trust one another. I am so, so thankful for these people. 

Girls Night Out. Remember how I just said that Reece Blaire will now be available in Belk? Well, last night was the official launch, and my girlfriends and I went to the special event to support our amazing girl and then concluded with a yummy and fun dinner. My heart is full. 



Flag football. Banks has his first game of the Spring tomorrow, and we can't wait to cheer on the Yellow Jackets for another awesome season. And needless to say, he is PUMPED!

Gorgeous weather. Yep. This deserves two mentions in this post. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: My Lu Crew thrives outdoors. We are happiest when we are active, whether it be exercising or dancing or sport-ing or, well, anything that keeps us moving! We have been counting down the days until consistent, Spring-like weather arrived and this week was it! Needless to say, we pretty much lived outdoors, shooting hoops, having playdates, doing nature observations, and just generally playing to our hearts' content. 


And that's about it for now! I hope your week was great as well and that your weekend proves to be the same. Have a good one!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment