Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Ahoy! It's A Boy!

Several weeks ago, my sistas and I hosted a baby shower for my stepsister and our soon-to-be nephew, Samuel. Because the momma-to-be created a nautical nursery for their little bundle of joy, we decided on a nautical theme for the shower! And now, here is our "Ahoy! It's A Boy!" shower for sweet Sam. 

The Invitation: My sister "in law" ordered these cute invitations to get the theme going:


The decor: I was in charge of decor (hooray! my favorite!), and created the backdrop, cupcake toppers, food labels, buntings, signs, etc., in the color scheme of blues, red, and beige with plenty of anchors and whales:







 Guests were asked to leave a "Message In A Bottle" with words of encouragement and advice for the parents-to-be
Tradition: the sweet diaper cake made by my Momma

The food and drinks: Guests were served a variety of nautical foods (e.g., meatballs aka "Cannonballs") and were able to wet their whistles with either "Ocean Water" (i.e., bottled water) or "Marina Mimosas" (via a mimosa bar). 






The games and guests and hostesses: We played a couple of cute games with the guests before Shelby opened her lovely gifts. We loved showering our Shelbs and can't wait to meet Baby Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment