Friday, July 8, 2016

Cheers to the Weekend, Hanging In There Edition

Ugggggggh. 

Two nights ago, in the middle of the night, I awoke to a HORRENDOUS sore throat, out of nowhere. I couldn't swallow and was in so much pain and just tossed and turned the rest of the night, counting down the hours until I could get to the doc the second the office opened. The verdict? A bacterial infection. Blech. So, I spent all day yesterday in bed, trying to keep my germs to myself and do everything I could not to swallow. Thanks to an antibiotic, I am on the mend today, although still not 100%. We have had a TOUGH two weeks, what with Harrison's terrible teething, some painful diaper rash, and now, this. Let's just say, I'm happy to see Friday and am looking forward to a good weekend ahead!

On that note, here are some happier tidbits from the week that I am saying CHEERS to: 

...a fun, new date night: Exit Strategy! The premise is, working as a team, you have 60 minutes to solve clues and "escape" from a thematic room. It's sort of like a real life game of "Clue." Last Friday, my hub and I and two of our besties attempted to escape (we failed but had SO much fun!) and then headed out for dinner and drinks. It was a BLAST, and I cannot WAIT to do it again!


...a fun 4th! We had a wonderful time celebrating our country's independence at the start of the week. We spent the first half of the day at our neighborhood pool party, where I taught my girl to swim!!!, and then headed over to our friends' house with a few other couples and their kiddos for a yummy cookout. We concluded the day by heading back to our 'hood and letting the kids stay up late to watch the fireworks--the perfect way to cap off a special day. 


 Atta girl!

 In awe as the fireworks began

...of course, letting my kids stay up doesn't go without consequnces, namely in the form of 10:30 am car naps and a few (extra) tantrums. Still worth it. But yikes. 


...we continued checking things off our summer bucket list by running through the sprinklers to cool down. Fun for all! Well, except Harrison, who generally preferred to enjoy things from the sidelines. 



...I snuck away to meet my brand spankin' new nephew, Sam, who is just delicious. <3


And that's about it! We have a very, very low key weekend (read: NO plans!!!!) and are absolutely thrilled about it seeing as how my hub will be away from Sunday night to Saturday morning, arriving back just in time to throw our things in the car and head out for our second big beach trip of the summer (hooray!). So, aside from getting in some family time with some fun visitors on Saturday, we'll be doing nothing and are just thrilled about it-ha! 

Y'all have a great weekend. Here's hoping for good health for all in the days and weeks to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment