Friday, September 9, 2016

Cheers to the Weekend, Football Edition

Why, hello, blog! It's good to see you again. I am so sorry I've been neglecting you but please accept this post as an apology and know I'll try to post more soon! 

Anywho. 

Cheers, y'all! And TGIF (oops. I mean, it was at the time this was posted. Now, Happy Monday!)! Here's what we've been saying CHEERS to the last two weeks:

Auburn. Last weekend, we traveled to Auburn with some very dear friends of ours for the Clemson/Auburn game. Good gracious, did we have a good time! We went to a beautiful restaurant and had a delicious dinner before heading out on the (college) town. 




The next morning, we were up and at 'em for a yummy brunch at my friend's friend's beautiful house. :) It was the perfect way to kick off the day before we headed to our tailgate on campus. And y'all. Listen to this: there is a company called Tailgate Guys that came in and set up the tailgate tent, chairs, table, tv, etc., before we even arrived. They also took it all down when the game was over. How easy and awesome is that?! Oh, and my girl, V (who is a HUGE Auburn fan and alum), surprised me with matching shirts for us to wear. They were so cute and comfy (and made by the awesome creator, Purple Maggie). 


We spent the day watching football, enjoying a few bevs and a Zoe's spread (yum!), and playing hilarious games with a bachelor party that was camped out next to us. It was SO fun!!! 





Then, we headed into the game (a real nail-biter, right to the end!) and had a blast. I even got to meet up with one of my college girls and her new fiance during halftime. We seriously could not have had a better weekend, and I am now a HUGE Auburn fan (aside from when they are playing my Tigers, of course ;) ). 



Start of preschool. On Wednesday (of last week), Raleigh started her last year of preschool and Harrison started his first! 



Harrison was so funny. He walked in like he owned the place, went straight to his classroom, and sat down and started playing. He didn't even flinch when his Daddy and I hugged him goodbye. Our shy little Raleigh did great, too! She was so excited that all the sweet kids she's been with the last two years are in her class again. <3


Boosterthon Fun Run. Banks participated in his second Boosterthon Fun Run with his school yesterday (aka last Thursday ;) ), their one major fundraiser for the year. He rocked it and ran his heart out for all 35 laps! Thank you to our kind family members who gave money for the laps he ran. He loved it! 






Good health-so long, croup! Once again, croup reared it's ugly head in our home. Banks had to stay home from school one day last week after he got it, and Harrison and Raleigh were the latest (not so) lucky victims at the start of this (last) week. Thankfully for prednisone, we quickly kicked it to the curb!

Labor Day pool party and cookout. We officially closed out summer by heading to our 'hood's last pool party of the year, where we were joined by my parents and two of my aunts. We then headed to my aunt and uncle's house for a fun cookout, where we had lots of family and lots of fun. 


New 'do for Momma. You know how I mentioned the start of preschool? Well, (last) Wednesday was also the first morning EVER wherein all THREE of my kiddos were in school. What did I do with my three solo hours? Got a new cut and color, scored my first PSL of the Fall season, did lots of browsing and window shopping, mailed out some important adoption paperwork, and made it back to the preschool with 15 minutes to spare. Whew! I have a feeling my Mondays/Wednesdays will be very productive this year. :) 


New family members, in the form of a new niece/phew. That's right! As of this morning (aka last Friday), my sister, Jessie, is in the hospital awaiting the arrival of her third sweet baby. I cannot WAIT to hear whether a new little girl or boy will be joining our family. Prayers for a safe and swift delivery! <3 Update: It's a boy! It's a boy! More on my sweet new nephew later this week!!!!

As for us, we are looking forward to dinner with friends tonight (aka last Friday-it was so fun!) and a Clemson game with college besties tomorrow (aka Saturday-three cheers for a win--albeit an UGLY one). Yahoo! Y'all have a great weekend (week). GO TIGERS! GO PANTHERS!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment