Friday, October 7, 2016

What I'm Loving Now

I haven't written one of these posts lately and thought it'd be a fun way to kick off the (wet! gross!) weekend. Here are a few things I am loving lately:

The "Luton" Reece Blaire bracelet. Meet my very favorite new piece of jewelry! My dear friends at Reece Blaire and I designed this piece as an adoption fundraiser for our family. Every decision that was made in it's design has meaning, and I will treasure it forever. And Emily and Kaitlyn, the amazingly talented women behind Reece Blaire, so, so kindly offered to donate !00% of the proceeds from this bracelet's sales to our adoption. Please let me know if you want one (they are not available on the Reece Blaire website). They are limited and going FAST!!!



This Is Us. Please tell me y'all are watching this show! It may rank up there with Parenthood and Friday Night Lights. The first two episodes have been SO good! If you haven't already, you must check it out!

Queen of the Fill. One of my girlfriends (fist bump to you, J.Land) recommended this product and it is amazing! For people like me with pretty sparse eyebrows, this filler makes a HUGE difference!

  
R+F products. I know I don't post about it much, but yes, I am still an R+F consultant (and am using all profits straight toward, what else, our adoption). I know there are a bajillion consultants out there these days, but let me know if you are looking for one (pick me! pick me!) and know that you'll be helping to fund our adoption in the process! <3

Friends' ovens. Yes, our oven is STILL broken, thanks to the one part being on indefinite backorder. There is a rumor it may be shipped next week; so, I am crossing my fingers and toes that it (1) arrives, and (2) works. In the meanwhile, my sweet friends (thank you, Ashleigh and Volree!) have been letting me borrow their ovens to bake my adoption fundraising cookies. Here are three of my latest batches: 



 
Pure Barre. I am still obsessed with Pure Barre and am still convinced it is the absolute best workout for lifting, toning, and burning. If you haven't already, find your closest studio and be prepared to shake, rattle, and roll!

Daddy haircuts. Yesterday, Banks and his Daddy went out for haircuts and Banks decided his hair to look just his Dad's. So he went from this: 


To this. Swoon. I love it!:

 

Fall decor. Fall has arrived, and we are excited! Although our original pumpkin patch plans tomorrow are going to be rained out, that hasn't stopped us from spreading a little autumn 'round these parts, with Halloween decor on tap by the end of the weekend! We love you, Fall!

Children's ministry. I love our church and love being a part of the children's ministry. There are so many people who work behind (and in!) the scenes to make sure our kiddos are learning all about God and His love for us, and in such a fun and engaging way! With songs and skits and storytelling and crafts and prayers and painting and snacks and more, it is just awesome to witness. 



Clemson football. It is no secret that my hub and I are avid Clemson fans. Although we stand behind our coach and team win or lose, it sure is fun to be on the winning side right now! And you can bet your bottom dollar we'll be cheering loud and proud as our Tigers take on the Boston College Eagles tonight! 

Impromptu evenings. The other night, my hub suggested a last minute excursion to our local Greenway (which is located across the road from our neighborhood). After a quick stop at the grocery store for individual ice cream cups, we spent the evening strolling, having an icecream picnic, petting the horses and donkeys, and exploring our favorite creek and bridge. It was just lovely. I love that at least one of us is good at spontaneity (hint: not me). :) 





Low key weekends. They are few and far between these days, so we take 'em when we can get 'em! Our Nana and Pop arrived last night to surprise Banks at his flag football game and will be hanging with us during this rainy, plan-free weekend. Just what the doctor ordered after a crazy, traumatic (read: Banks' procedure. Never want to re-live that morning :0 ) week. 

Thumbs up for the weekend, y'all! Have a great one and stay safe out there!






No comments:

Post a Comment