Thursday, November 3, 2016

Confessions

I haven't written one of these in awhile. So. Here are a few confessions I need to get off of my chest: 
  • I still use paper versions of calendars, address books, journals, and to-do lists and have zero intention of switching to electronic versions. 
  • I feel all out of sorts when my house is not clean, tidy, and picked up. I am constantly clearing clutter and don't feel at ease until my house is clean. HOWEVER, my purse is a disaster. #hypocrite
  • My memory has declined with the addition of each new child. I am definitely not as smart as I once was. I am definitely not as smart as I...wait, did I say that already? ;)
  • One of the reasons I enjoy decorating cookies is because it is so meticulous and taps into my perfectionistic tendencies.
  • I miss having the time to regularly blog 2 to 3 times a week. Maybe again one day I will be able to make it a habit. 
  • I feel guilty when I spend money on myself. 
  • I would LOVE to cut gluten out of my life but already deeply dislike grocery shopping and meal planning and don't want to make it any more tedious than it already is. 
  • I despise going to the dentist (sorry dentist friends...including my ortho sister). Despise. I am overdue for an appointment, but my dental fear prevents me from going. My kids, on the other hand, go every six months. 
  • I still don't know who I will vote for next week. Although I do not vote down party lines, I know which party I feel comfortable supporting this election. However, morally, I don't know that I will be able to cast my vote for the person that represents that party. And sadly, that last line doesn't even give away which party I'm supporting this election.
  • I have FOMO when it comes to Christmas shopping - specifically, I fear missing out on the best deal for items I want to purchase; so I hold off, sometimes for so long that the items are sold out.
  • I need 8 hours of sleep to function well. I am almost ALWAYS asleep before 9:30 pm, weekend or not. 
  • I still eat the exact.same.thing. for breakfast and lunch every.single.day. (English muffin with peanut butter and honey; ham and cheese sandwich with white cheddar cheese puffs). And I have done this for YEARS.
 
And there you have it. Whew. I feel much better with all that out in the open. :) Have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment