Monday, July 24, 2017

BLOMPS Beach Week 2017

Each summer, we are so lucky to spend one week at the beach with my hub's "side" of the family and one week with mine. Last week, we closed out the year with our last big family vacation with my "side," and boy did we have fun! For virtual scrapbooking purposes, here are my Top 10 memories from our BLOMPS Beach Week 2017. 

(1) Having all BLOMPS cousins together. There is just something so special, and so important, about cousin time. I have five siblings, and between the six of us, there are currently 11 cousins, with Banks (age 7), being the oldest! And because all of us, and my parents, pile into one house for the week, it means things are loud, crazy, busy, chaotic, and FUN! When I asked my kids their favorite part of the whole week, they didn't hesitate: "Playing with my cousins!!!"








(2) Shark tooth walk. Early one morning (6:30 am early), I took my Banks on a 25-minute beach walk down to the pier. We then spent 45 minutes searching for shark's teeth (one of his most loved beach activities), and then walked the 25 minutes back, just the two of us. It was magical. <3




(3) Sibling night out! Mid-week, my parents were so gracious to hang back at home with the 11 littles while us "big kids" headed out for dinner. I am one lucky, lucky sister to have my siblings as my best friends. <3




(4) Pool time. For the last three years, we have stayed in the same, beachfront home in the North Myrtle area, one that is large enough to accommodate all of us (between 20 and 25!) under one roof. We were so excited when we learned that the house and been sold to new owners, who completed updated it and even put in a pool. Bonus - they are Clemson fans, which means there is a huge Tiger Paw on the bottom of the pool. :) The pool was a major blessing to have! We basically spent the first half of the day on the beach and then second half in the pool. It was especially nice one afternoon when it poured rain for several hours - we just swam in the pool the whole time, enjoying splashing in the pool with the rain coming down. So fun! 





(5) Beach time with my babies. My little Lu Crew's world is about to get flipped upside down; so, it was nice to get solo time with each of my littles this week. From mermaid sighting to dolphin watching, from beach gymnastics to minnow hunting, it sure was fun! And of course, we had our traditional family night walk on the beach. 













(6) Night fishing. One of my brothers "in law," is quite the beach fisherman, and Banks looks forward to fishing with him on the beach every single year. This year, Harrison got to join in on the fun one night, and Banks was happy to show him the ropes. Aside from fish, a sting ray and shark were also caught this year!



(7) One big ol' happy family. Each year, we do beach pictures as a family, with yours truly serving as the family photog. :) I love, love, love getting to capture all the cuties, and it is so special to see my parents surrounded by all 11 (soon to be 14!) of their grandchildren. <3






(8) Aunt Lu time. Have I ever mentioned (maybe a time or 10,000) that I love being an aunt. I made it a point to sneak in little individual moments with all eight of my BLOMPS nieces and nephews this year. There were baby snuggles and tickle wars, manicures and sand castle building, boogy boarding and playing pool. And it was all so fun. <3




(9) Tooth fairy visits the beach. Banks has had his fifth loose tooth for awhile now, and that sucker really loosened up one night at the beach. He decided that he felt brave enough to finally pull his own tooth; so, he did! I was so proud of him because he was scared but did it anyway. And then the tooth fairy came...to the beach! 


(10) The last night. It has become tradition that the last night of our beach week, we let the kids stay up a little later and have fun on the beach as a big ol' family! We have bubbles and glow sticks and sparklers, and it is so fun! The perfect way to cap off an awesome week!




And that's a wrap! Thus ends our last vacation as a family of five (Holy Moly!) But man, it was a good one. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment