Friday, July 7, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend, Fam Edition

Hey y'all! I hope everyone had a fabulous and festive 4th! We had a GREAT day with so many people we love, but more on that in a second! This has been a cuhrazy week, but for good reasons. So. Here's what we're saying CHEERS to this week/end: 

Fam move to the Mill. Yippee! Hooray! Yeehaw! If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you probably realize that (1) Family is everything to me, and (2) We LOVE where we live. And as of last weekend, the two have now collided. One of my sisters and her family moved to the Mill!!!! This has been in the works for months now, and we are ecstatic to have family right here in our hometown. My sister graduated from the MUSC orthodontics program on Friday and was en route to Fort Mill immediately after! She will be joining an amazing orthodontics practice in the Rock Hill/Fort Mill area (Thomas and Leitner, for all my local friends), and she and my brother "in law" closed on their brand new, gorgeous house, which is just 12 minutes from driveway to driveway. We are so, so excited to have them here!!!


Fam visit the Mill. This week was filled with family, as one of my sisters and her lil' trio have been visiting us the last five days, and we.have.had.FUN.!! From cupcake and ice cream lunches to splashing at the pool, from water balloon wars to outdoor concerts at the greenway, we have been the best kind of busy. A full house makes for a full heart. So. I was one happy lady this week!







Fourth of July fun. As we do on the 4th, we headed to our neighborhood's rockin' pool party to celebrate with our neighbors and friends. Only this year, my aforementioned sister and her trio, as well as my newly-moved-in-sister and her duo, and my parents, and my aunt and uncle (who live in our 'hood) all came on down for the festivities. There was a corn hole tourney, pinata, soda dives, water balloon toss, and more to keep the kiddos entertained while we grown-ups tried to keep an eye on all of them and enjoy the fun as well! We ordered lunch from the food truck parked out front, packed our cooler full of bevs for the parents, and soaked in the sun. We spent nearly SIX STRAIGHT HOURS at the pool. And boy was it fun!









Then, we headed up and a couple of us needed a quick snooze first. (One of whom, came down with a fever out of nowhere and ended up going to bed at around 6:00 pm :( ). We had a quick bite to eat and then my sister and I stayed home while my hub took our oldest two, and our niece, to the golf course to watch the fireworks. Fun for all! It really was a great day celebrating our independence. 



Flag football. Whelp. Summer Flag Football is well underway! Banks had his first game on Wednesday night and has another tonight! Being on the football field is this kid's happy place, and we love cheering him on. Go 'Heels! 



And with that, we are welcoming in the weekend with open arms. Our calendar is pretty low key this weekend, which I am VERY happy about! I'll be back next week with the adoption update I planned to post this week but just didn't get around to #fullhousefullheartlimitedblogging.  

Meanwhile, I would LOVE to earnestly ask each of you for your BIGGEST prayers for several unspoken requests. Please just send up some big, big prayers, if you don't mind - God will know exactly what you're referencing. <3 We've got a lot to pray for 'round these parts right now, and while I am not comfortable sharing specifics at this time, I can tell you that I believe in the power of prayer and that we need yours right here, right now. <3 Thank you all, so, so much. Have a great one, and I'll "see" y'all back here soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment