Friday, September 1, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend, Hello September Edition


Thank Whew! What.A.Week. It was a full but good one 'round these parts. And with little time to spare, let me cut to the chase today. Here are some things we have been saying CHEERS to recently: 

This girl. Yes, I just wrote a lengthy post about her first month. But I just have to say again how very proud we are of her! With a little support from the wall, she stands on her own. ;) She also now mimics me talking on the phone and thinks of her big sis as her BFF. <3 Sweet, sweet baby girl. 




Lunch dates. We got the green light to start having lunch with any 1st through 5th graders at our elementary school; so, you can bet your bottom dollar that Harrison, Bella, and I made our way to FMES, with Chick-Fil-A in hand, to surprise our favorite 2nd grader the first chance we got! I so look forward to these special lunch dates. Next week, we are allowed to eat lunch with our kindergarteners, which is exactly what I'll be doing when we got back to school after the 3-day-weekend (side note: Hooray!!! Three day weekend!). Unfortunately, Banks came down with a stomach bug the following day and had to stay home and skip his first football practice of the season. Then, the rain cancelled his second practice last night. BUT the good news is, he was good as new the following day AND the rest of us were able to steer clear of it. Whew! Close call. :) 

 


Organization. I'm saying CHEERS to organization this week because I LOVE it. I cannot stand clutter and like to maintain a clear, clutter free home. Obviously things have been a little nutty for our family over the last month, but finally, this week, I was able to tackle some major organization projects. I decided to tackle one room each day so as not to be too overwhelmed. I started with the playroom, as I wanted to make sure any and all small pieces of anything were thrown away so that our littlest nuggest wouldn't try to eat them. I literally organized the entire room, from top to bottom, and it felt so good to have a nice, organized playroom again! The next day, I tackled the girls' room, specifically their closet. Another great feeling to have that done! Today, I will be working on the laundry room. But yesterday was the most fun of all

Banks has been overdue for a room upgrade. He has had an airplane theme in his room ever since we moved here five years ago. And it was cute and all but it no longer suits him. Not to mention, my sweet boy, who I love with all my heart, is a totally loveable and undeniable hoarder and, well, slob, for lack of a better term. ;) So, yesterday, I cleaned out, and organized, his room. I took down all the airplane decor along with the Star Wars decals he received from family members a couple years ago. With a fresh palette, it was time to give him a room reflecting what he loves most: football! I wanted to keep things very simple for now, as we will undoubtedly collect new paraphenalia and photos as his new flag football season gets underway. But now, I think it's a good start. Here, a few before and after shots of his new space 


Before. Yikes. All those decals. :0 And the rest of the decor disaster. Definitely time for a change...

After. Cleaner. Simpler. Better.

Close up of the Banks photos I enlarged and framed. :)


Before. More airplane decor and unorganized, sloppy mess. 
 
After. I feel like you can almost hear my sigh of relief.

Close up of thematic wall decor.

Before. Airplane photos and (more) Star Wars wall decor on the wall.

After. Cleaner. No more decals. No more airplane stuff.

Close up of action photos of Banks playing football. :

Before. My sweet, messy boy's desk area. Yikes.

So. Much. Better. for my OCPD self. :)

Done. For now, at least. :)
 
Fun with friends. Just because we added a new member to our Lu Crew doesn't mean that things slow down around here. No sirree Bob. We were hosting, and sending our kiddos off to, playdates all week long. As much as my kiddos love playing with each other; they have active little social lives, and it is so fun to see them running around and making memories with their best buddies...and amongst themselves. :)

 



Visit with Bammy and Digby. Last weekend, we were so excited to have Bammy and Digby come up for the day! Our Digby hadn't yet met Bella, so it was fun to introduce him to his newest granddaughter. AND our Bels got to meet her Aunt Shelby and cousin Sam, who popped over for a visit the same day. So special and so fun! <3



Therapy evaluation. We had a big appointment earlier this week, as I took Bella to Rock Hill for a comprehensive, therapy evaluation. The purpose was to determine her current level of functioning with regard to her cognitive, language, motor, adaptive, and social abilities. Not surprisingly, our joyful, engaging little lady knocked it out of the park in the social domain. :) Her sweet little personality just shines through, wherever she goes. I am SO proud of her. And she did so great throughout the assessment. I was nervous going in but left feeling so comfortable and confident in the plan that we have put into place for her to help her achieve more of her developmental milestones. We are ready to get to work with our sweet girl!  



And on that note, let the 3-day weekend begin! We are so excited for an extra day off from school and have some fun things planned, which I'll share more about next week. But for now, there is one more very important thing I need to say: GO TIGERS!!!!! College football is underway, and our football lovin' family couldn't be happier about it! Woohoo!!!! Have a great weekend, y'all! Keep it cool! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment