Friday, September 8, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend, Hurricane, Prayers, and More Edition

I had hoped to get more than one blog post out this week, but with it being a short week, and the fact that we had three different appointments for Bella on top of everything else, well, I just couldn't get it done. BUT, in my defense, I took the writing time I usually use to compose my blog posts to focus instead on writing the first half of a 4-part series I am creating for an AWESOME new website, called The Land of Motherhood. I'm guessing most of us heard of the website "The Bump," while pregnant? This site is sort of similar to that but more modern and less snarky and more relateable and just awesome! Anywho. I was asked to write about our adoption, which is my favorite thing to write about these days. And I know that I have blogged extensively about it here, but I wanted to include new details and information and approach things a little differently. SO. Even if you have been following along on our journey here at ol' docmomma.blogspot.com, take a look at all that is offered at The Land of Motherhood, including the first segment of my series and all the other incredible things it has in store for it's readers. And Part 2 will be published there early next week {shameless plug over}. 

Okeedokee. On with the weekend, amIright?! Here are some things we've been saying CHEERS to the last week: 

Prayer requests. First and foremost, I have a few prayer requests I'd like to throw out there. (1) Up until July (when we learned our travel to China was imminent), my hub was scheduled to go on a mission trip to Colombia with an awesome group of men from our church. They had been planning and fundraising and meeting for almost a year in preparation. But. Once we found our Bella and learned of our travel dates, he unfortunately had to back out of the trip, as we knew him leaving for nine days just one month after bringing Bella home would be disruptive to attachment (and hard on me, honestly, to suddenly be home with our four kiddos, one of whom was brand new, for that long so quickly). ANYWAY. The group leaves tomorrow. Will you pray for them? That they are able to serve those in need and spread the love of our awesome God while staying safe? (2) Can we all pray for those recovering from Hurricane Harvey as well as those anticipating Hurricane Irma? This weather has been scary and devastating for so many, and it's not over yet. :/ We are stocked up and ready here in the Mill, just in case we end up losing power for several days a la Hurricane Hugo. And it goes without saying, but any and all are welcome at our home should you need shelter, chaos, and fun. :) (3) Will you pray for my Bella? Lots and lots of testing and answers coming this month. We are praying with all our might for good news. <3

Amazing healthcare providers. Speaking of Bella, she had an audiology appointment on Wednesday with our favorite audiologist in the world - Dr. Block! We spent the morning at Lakeside Audiology having Bella's hearing evaluated and are so incredibly thankful to be under Dr. Block's care (who also happens to be a dear friend of mine who has been one of my main sources of support during our adoption and just happens to have her own amazing daughter from China. I'll tell you what - the adoption community is awesome and I am so thankful to be a part of it!!)

After our audiology eval, I immediately took Bella to our pediatrician's office to have five vials of blood drawn. :( My girl is a trooper but it broke my heart to have to hold her down while the procedure was done. In typical Bella fashion, she recovered quickly and was given extra snuggles (and extra cookies). :) To continue our day o' appointments, I met our early interventionist at our home that afternoon. We spent two hours talking about development, hopes, fears, and goals, and I now feel confident in the plan we are building together to best help our Bels! She will be in great hands with our interventionist and therapists, that's for sure! 

School lunches and dance parties. I surprised Raleigh for the first time ever at FMES for lunch at the start of the week. She was so excited to see her little brother, sister, and me, and we were so excited to see our favorite kindergartener. We ate our Chick-Fil-A, chatted away, waved to her buddies, and then broke out in a spontaneous dance party. So fun!



Back to preschool. Harrison's preschool is officially back in session! He was thrilled to move up to the 3s class and was all smiles to see his new teachers, new classroom, and old friends. :)



Flag football resumes. After missing his first practice after getting sick, and having his second practice cancelled due to weather, Banks was PUMPED to return to the football field during his practices this week! And bonus: we found out his team name and we got his jersey! This season, there are eight NFL-named teams, and we got the one we were hoping for: The Texans (Go Deshaun! Go Tigers!). Although the jerseys don't have numbers, we will just pretend his is #4 and will try to emulate one of our favorite Tiger football alums on the field. :) 

Clemson/Kent State game. Speaking of football, we were SO excited to take the kiddos to the first Clemson game of the season last weekend! I mentioned this before, but this is the first year we opted out of our season tickets in order to save money for our adoption. Luckily, one of our good friends sold us his tickets and parking pass for the first game since he wouldn't be able to make it with his sweet family. We were thrilled to be able to be in the stadium for this first game since our Tigers won the Natty! And the kids did GREAT! It was the longest car ride Bella has ever had, and she managed it well. Also, the weather was gorgeous (not the typical 8,000 degrees that usually defines the first game of the season). We stayed in for the first half, tailgated for most of the third, and then headed home with our tired but happy little Tigers. Overall, a smashing success! :) I also got to see some of my favorite friends in the world - my college roomies - and all 10 of our babies! So, so fun. <3






Labor Day Eve/Day fun. We had a great time on Labor Day Eve, enjoying the beautiful weather as a family before heading to our friends' home for a delicious dinner!




Then, on Labor Day, while Bella napped and my hub strung some new outdoor lighting in our backyard, I took my Big 3 to the last pool party of the year, and we had a blast!







And now, we welcome in the weekend after the short but busy week! I am so, SO bummed that we won't be making the trip to Clemson for the big Clemson/Auburn game (can't leave our Bella overnight yet nor with a sitter while she is awake #attachment). Last year, we joined some of our closest friends from Fort Mill, who just so happen to be Auburn alums, and had the absolute best weekend in Auburn cheering on our Clemson Tigers. We are sad we won't be able to host them at our tailgate this year in return but know they, along with our Clemson friends, will have so much fun tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all about it after cheering on my Tigers from the couch. :) 

 
Wearing the rivalry shirts she had made for us :)

So much fun in Auburn last year with these awesome hosts!

 Have a GREAT weekend, y'all! And go (Clemson!) Tigers! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment