Monday, September 18, 2017

Confessions

Why not kick off a new week with a good old fashioned round of confessions? Although I try to keep things real here on my little ol' blog, I am well aware that sometimes the "highlight reel" of my life is showcased. So. Why not shed a little light on my very own crazy? Here goes:
  • Over the weekend, I ordered the outfits my Crew will be wearing for our Christmas card photos since they will be taken sometime in the near future. But I confess: I spent hours, and I mean hours, agonizing over what I wanted us to wear for these photos. Like, an embarrassing amount of time and obsession. I was trying to figure out what colors I wanted us to wear and then specifically what each person would wear. I finally just had to order some things so that I would stop thinking about obsessing over it. I mean, it was bad. #firstworldproblem (insert me rolling my eyes at myself). 
  • I used to be so good about making our bed each morning, and I loved feeling like the day was starting off on the right foot. But, towards the end of last school year, as the organized, structured routine wheels starting come off (as they do towards the end of any school year), my bed-making-ritual went straight out the window as I was trying to just will myself out of bed, bright and early, yet again. My new goal is to start making it again every day...starting tomorrow. ;) 
  • For the last six weeks, my dining room table served as the catch-all for all the lovely gifts that arrived while, and after, we were in China; for baby clothes I needed to consign; for sodas that wouldn't fit in the pantry; for the welcome home signs my kids and friends made for Bella; etc. It was our very own chaos waiting to greet anyone who stepped foot into our home. Luckily, over the weekend, I finally cleared it off so that I could Fall-ify our home and put every most some things away. The rest is now housed on the floor next to the dining room table. I think I just thought of another new goal...
  • In sticking with the home theme, our house is in major need of updating. It was built in 2007, and while we love it, we haven't had the time nor energy to really put into making it our own. In fact, despite living here for five years now, there are still walls that are bare of decor. The walls are in need of new paint thanks to, well, kids (but also because I think the stock paint that is on the walls is probably pretty cheap). One of our couches is 13 years old (yes. 13) and in desperate need of replacement. And, well, you get the drift. We need rugs and new curtains and blah, blah, blah. But here's the thing: I get so overwhelmed with how many things we want to do/change, that I sort of panic and then don't do anything. The good news is I have a good friend who is a very talented interior designer who will be helping us get our act together here soon. :)
  • I have a real dental phobia and am long overdue for a dental visit. I may take the kids every 6 months for their appointments, but I put off mine as long as I possibly can. Ugh.
  • If you are ever in a one-mile radius of me when any of my kids is playing an organized sport, I am SO sorry. I honestly can't help myself. I didn't realize how bad I was. And then, I watched back a video I took of Banks in his flag football game last week. It was a huge play - he scored a touchdown in the last seconds of the game to win! And I went nuts! And by nuts, I mean I was the loudest, most obnoxious, redneck cheerleader of a mom you ever did hear. Am I exaggerating? No. Ask my hub. It was BAD. My voice gets all deep and loud and just AWFUL. So, I am sorry. I really am. I will do my best to refrain (but no promises).
  • I need to pray more and worry less. 'Nuff said. 
  • I have bins and bins of children's clothes I need to consign. But, much like the whole house project problem I mentioned above, I get so overwhelmed by the whole process that the clothes continue to pile up and my wallet remains empty. This Spring. This Spring I WILL consign. I WILL.

Is that enough of my crazy for now? Still want to be friends? If not, I totally understand. And if I'm missing a few (I am. I'm just too tired to think any harder ;) ), then feel free to let me know about those so I can try to reign them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment