Friday, September 29, 2017

Eight.

The day you arrived, my soul came alive.
Then at age one, life was joyous and fun!
At two, without you, didn't know what I'd do.
And then you turned three - life was a party!
At age four, you were absolutely adored.
When you turned five, my heart burst with pride.
And in your sixth year, I adored you more, dear.
At seven years old, your heart was pure gold.
And now you are eight, and isn't it great:
        You love others so hard
        Still play sports in the yard
        You work hard in school
        And make all kids feel cool
        You'll make the right choice
        Have a great singing voice!
        You take care of your sibs
        And are such a GREAT kid
So, while years zero through seven were fun
I think that your eighth will be your best one!


My sweet, smart, handsome, kind, amazing Banks: How in the world you are eight today, I just don't know. We have had so many adventures together, you and me, and I don't know how it's quite possible, but I love you even more today than that day when your 9-pound, 15-ounce body was placed in my arms. Thank you for your heart, your grace, your kindness, your forgiveness, your sweet soul. Thank you for making me a Momma, just before 6:00 pm, exactly eight years ago today. You will always be my sunshine. 

With All My Heart, 

Momma 


1 comment: