Friday, January 26, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, Cuh-ra-zy Edition

Monday literally went like this: get the oldest two up, dressed, fed and on the bus by 6:50 am. Do morning reading, prayer, and quiet time. Throw in a load of laundry. Get the younger two up, fed, and ready. Leave for preschool drop-off by 8:40 am. Get home in time to throw in another load of laundry before a quick meeting about some interior design changes we are making. Immediately have a speech therapy session right after at 9:30 am and then an early intervention session after that at 10:30 am. Put Bels down for a short, early nap at 11:30 am and run out the door for preschool pick-up. Drop off Harrison’s sweet friend before dropping Harrison at home for lunch/nap (my hub was working from home, PTL). Wake Bella up from her nap at 12:30 pm and haul it to an ENT appointment at 1:00. Get home just in time to get organized for a second, grab a snack, attempt (and fail) to get Bella to nap again, and get Banks and Raleigh off the bus at 2:45. Get Harrison up. Give everyone a snack while working on homework, get Raleigh changed, get Bella up, and then head back out the door by 3:40 to take Raleigh to dance, with the other three in tow. Only there just so happens to be absolutely horrendous traffic (police officer's funeral procession). Move a few miles in 40 minutes and call an audible - no dance...we would get there by the time it was ending. So, turn around and go to the grocery store. With the whole mini circus in tow. Get home and get dinner on the table happily allow hub to get dinner on the table. Try to answer emails and texts and phone calls and throw in a couple more loads of laundry in between. No time for a workout that day. :( But did find time to breeeeeeeathe. And time to play with the kids, read a couple chapters of a book aloud, all together, before getting them off to bed. And time watch an episode of Stranger Things before falling asleep before 9:00 pm. #MondayMadness 


They love her so well. <3 And our Dennis the Menace searches for some mischief. 
 
S{quad} goals.

Please hear this: Every day is NOT that busy. Some are, some aren’t. Monday was a little nutso...as were several days this week, if I'm being honest. However, one of my pet peeves is when people think they are the busiest in all the land. They are not. I am not. And there is no prize for being busy. (On the contrary, I prefer a simpler, quieter day.) That being said, here's to making it through those days unscathed and looking forward to calmer ones ahead, amIright?!

Anywho. All that to say, only one blog post this week (talk about being long-winded!). This week, we're saying CHEERS to: 

Marching onward. Based on the results of Bella's CT scan and sedated hearing test, we have a new plan of action in place. I know I've said this a few times before, but I am so incredibly thankful for the medical professionals we are so lucky to work with to ensure our Bels is getting all she needs. One of whom is our ENT, who agreed with the results of the recent scan/testing and is totally on board with the new plan of action. First stop? Tubes will be placed on Tuesday morning. Yes, as in four days. We continue to work as hard and as quickly as we can to help our girl. <3 There will be a few more steps to tackle her hearing after we get the tubes placed, but that is Step 1 and that is what we are focused on for now. 

My littlest lady, all set for her ENT visit. Again. ;) 

We also saw our neurosurgeon earlier this week. I am so happy to report that she got a good report from him! There is something new we are monitoring and will repeat her CT scan in six months, and her MRI of her spine in about two years, but for now, she is recovering beautifully from her spinal surgery. Praise the Lord!

And rockin' it at the neurosurgeon's office. Check!

Husbands who work from home. Unless my husband has meetings, day trips, or overnight trips, he typically works from home. This wasn't the case a couple years ago, when it felt like he was traveling allllll the time. But he took a new job and now he often gets to work from home. One amazing benefit of this, that was especially helpful this week, is that I often don't have to drag all four kids out to appointments. So this week, when Bella had four different doctor appointments, I was able to take ONLY HER. This is huge and feels so much less overwhelming. I can actually focus on what the doctor is saying and I only have to bring snacks for one kiddo. ;) 
 
Turning the corner. Our own little Dennis the Menace had a rough couple months for awhile there. Whether it was adjusting to his new sibling, or just being a threenager, it was HARD. Harrison was an angel of a 2-year-old. Just a pure delight. He wasn't a "terrible two." He was a "terrific two." So, I guess it was time for him to hit a rough patch. But, I am so pleased to share, that he seems to have rounded the corner. Our sweet boy is back! Sure, he's still mischievous, and sure, he forgets to turn on his "listening ears" sometimes, but his sweet, happy-go-lucky, hilarious demeanor is back! Do you know what this boy tells me multiple times a day (always before nap and bed; often shouting it out of my friend's car window as they are pulling out of the driveway to go to preschool; and many times, just randomly)? "Mom, I love you and you look so pretty." And lately? "Mom, I love you with all my heart, and you look so pretty everyday." We have NO idea what prompted him to start saying this so many months ago, but it pretty much melts me every.single.time. (and let's be honest, can be a real pick-me-up when I'm looking and feeling exhausted, stressed, and raggedy as all get out - ha!). 


Accidental twinning. 

Self-care. More than ever, I know how important self-care is. I love the airplane analogy - you can't help your kiddos until you help yourself. I need to be a healthy momma, emotionally, spiritually, and physically; so, please know that amid all this craziness, I am taking care to take care of myself. It's date nights. It's dinners with girlfriends. It's reading a book...for fun! It's watching favorite shows. It's working out 5-6 days a week. It's sharing hundreds of texts with my sisters and best friends. It's allowing myself grace when I lose my patience (often) or have a breakdown. For those who have reached out, don't worry. I am making sure I am taking care of me, too. <3 

Bike riding. We had glorious weather this week, and we took full advantage of the 60s and sunshine! We were outside pretty much all weekend last weekend, and during that time, my hub taught Raleigh to ride her new two-wheeler! She is so determined and fierce and picked it up pretty quickly! We are so proud of her! Now, to conquer the brakes. :)


Go Rals!

Have a GREAT weekend, friends! And please say some prayers for our sweet Bella on Tuesday morning. It will be a quick (i.e., 15 minute) procedure and she won't require IV sedation this go-round, so she should hopefully do well and recover very quickly. Nonetheless, we covet your prayers - for answers, for relief, for significant improvement. Thank y'all! Be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment