Friday, January 12, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend: Long Weekend Edition

Helloooo, Friday! I feel so spoiled to have a 3-day weekend after JUST getting back from Christmas break, but I'll take it! 

Before we kick off the weekend fun, a few things we're seeing CHEERS to this week/end:

Turning six. As I've mentioned a time or two hundred, our Raleigh turned six one week ago! Although I already blogged about how we rang in the big 0-6, partay style, I never mentioned what we did leading up to her Uptown celebration. She awoke to traditional door decorations and then came downstairs to find all her birthday surprises. This girl wanted a Hatchimal sooooo bad, and was soooooo excited to find one waiting for her first thing in the morning, among other birthday gifts and surprises. :) 







Per tradition, her daddy whisked her away for a birthday breakfast, her choice (Dunkin Donuts). A few hours later, I met her at school for lunch, with a Chick-Fil-A kids meal (for her) and cookies/brownies (for her classmates) in tow. And I thought this was so sweet: any time a parent comes to eat with a student, the student is allowed to invite a friend to join him/her for lunch in the special seating area reserved for parent visits. This time? Rals asked her teacher to join us. <3 The three of us enjoyed a lovely meal together and then Raleigh stayed to finish out the school day. 



Once she arrived home, we all gathered 'round for her to blow out her birthday candles on her momma-made cake. <3 After we devoured enjoyed a few slices, it was time for Raleigh and I to hit the road for her party. And that was that! :) The next day, Bammy and Digby came up and stayed and played all afternoon to help celebrate our birthday girl, leaving the next morning. We were having so much fun, not one of us snapped a single pic - ha! It was fun for all and a great way to close out the birthday shenanigans. Happy 6th, Rals! We love you!





Downtime. As we have eased into 2018 and the second half of the school year, we have made it a point to spend plenty of downtime together. <3 And honestly, these are always my favorite parts of every day. I am a get-down-on-my-hands-and-knees-and-play kind of momma. I enjoy getting on my kiddos' level and really playing with them, and every time I think back on my favorite moments of the week, it undoubtedly comes back to these simple, special times. <3






Routine. I loooooved our relaxed, jammie-day-heavy Christmas break, but I also love a good routine. And I have felt very rejuvenated and energized the last week. I honestly think the stress and busy-ness of the holidays takes such an emotional and physical toll that it's been nice to be so structured and routinized again. With that has come the resumption of our weekly therapies as well as several medical appointments on the horizon: One was yesterday and we have two more in the next two weeks. That being said, we graciously ask for your prayers: prayers for the answers we are seeking and prayers for a smooth transition into any interventions and/or fullow-ups we may need as a result. Thanks y'all. <3





And now, the weekend is here! We've got some fun things planned and some unplanned things, and I can't wait for it all. TGIF, friends! Be back soon!

2 comments: