Friday, September 7, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, ALL FOUR ARE IN SCHOOL!!! Edition

Well, friends, it happened: as of Wednesday, all four of my babies are in school!!! Well, for a little bit, some days, at least. The way our preschool schedules pan out, I have about 90 minutes, Monday through Thursday, that are all mine. This week, I used those times to volunteer at school on Wednesday (womp, womp...ha!) but also to get in a kid-free workout and coffee date with a friend on Thursday. Not too shabby! And today, I get solo time with my Bellaboo while the big three finish out their school weeks!

It's still been tough to find as much blogging time as I'd like right now, hence my only-one-fluff-post-per-week trend, but I'm trying! So, here are some things I'm saying CHEERS to this week/end:

Hello, pre-k. Harrison had his first day of his last day of preschool on Wednesday, and he did great! He has the same teachers both Banks and Raleigh had, who we just love!, and the same sweet classmates he's been with the last two years, in addition to a couple of new friends. I can't wait to watch him soar in his last year of preschool. Go get 'em, Harrison!


Better Homes & Gardens, Halloween Edition. Speaking of Harrison, he made a little modeling debut in this year's BHG, Halloween Edition - well, really just the top of his sweet head, but still. ;) A friend of mine is co-owner of Anders Ruff (paper company; and also of the Anders Ruff Workshop nationwide fame!), and they get a spread in the Halloween edition of the magazine every year. A few years ago, Raleigh modeled in it and this year, it was Harrison's turn! We love you, Anders Ruff!!

Labor Day festivities. We had a lovely Labor Day weekend that included both laboring and non-laboring. We got a few things done around the house, grilled out with friends, hit the pool, and had a good ol' time!


Clemson Tigers. If you've been 'round here for even a millisecond, you probably know that we are HUGE Clemson fans! My hub and I met at, and both graduated from, Clemson. While there, I was a Rally Cat and absolutely loved my years of cheering and dancing on the football field and basketball court. Our blood has runneth orange since then and we go to as many football games as we can every season, including our last two Natty championship games in Arizona and Tampa (We may or may not already have rooms booked in San Fran as we keep our fingers and toes crossed our Tigers make it all the way again.) :) Banks went to his first game as a 4-week-old. Bella went to her first when she had been home with us for less than four weeks. What I'm trying to say is...we Clemson hard, 'round here! ANYWHO, we like to take all of the kids to one game per season and we checked that one off our Fall Bucket List during opening weekend last Saturday! We got to hang with two of my college BFFs and their fams before taking in the heat for some Tiger football. This week, our Tigers travel to A&M, and we have big plans to cheer on our boys from...the comfort of our friends' air conditioned home - ha! Go Tigers!








New hearing aid. Over the last couple months, Bella's hearing aid developed a tear in it. We had a new earmold made for it just before school started back, but it takes weeks for it to come in. So, she was able to wear her old hearing aid to school the first day but has been without it since, as the tear got too big (and thus, it was giving off horrible feedback). Anyway, her new earmold (which is the part of the hearing aid that is created precisely for her ear, based on a impression mold that is created (similar to the substance that is used by dentists when they take impressions of your teeth)) finally came in, and we went at the start of the week to pick it up. Only I didn't know I was also supposed to bring the actual hearing aid part of it with me (this is the battery-operated, "microphone-esque" part that does the actual work to enhance her hearing and was still very much intact, as only her earmold was messed up). So, I show up to her hearing aid appointment without her actual hearing aid. #facepalm. Oops. What can I say? I'm still a rookie. Luckily, our awesome audiology team was still able to give us our pretty pink-and-purple-sparkles earmold. I got home and fitted it with the hearing aid part of her old one and voila! Good as new! 


Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Y'all. I never win anything. Ever. And yet, my luck changed this week! You see, there is awesome new boutique that just opened here in the Mill, that is just down from Raleigh's dance studio. I had a few minutes to kill last week before Raleigh's class ended, so I went in to look at their new Fall merchandise. I saw a necklace I loved but didn't buy it. But I kept thinking about it; so, I went back in during Raleigh's class this week to buy it, and as I was checking out, the sweet owner suddenly and surprisingly congratulated me. Wait...what?? Well, apparently they have been waiting for their 1000th customer to arrive since their doors first opened late this summer, and, as I checked out, I became that customer! The 1000th! How lucky is that? They gave me a bottle of champagne and the cutest confetti tote that was filled with an awesome new necklace, a stack of bracelets (that I had already been eyeing to buy!), and $25 in Katyloo Kash. HOORAY!!! Local friends, I say this not because I lucked into some awesome swag but because I love their merchandise and prices (a top I previously bought from there was one of my favorites this summer!) : You have to check them out if you haven't already. And non-local friends: You can find them at www.katyloo.com.



Alright, that's all I've got. That post ended up being a lot longer than I meant it to be! We have a weekend chock full of sporting fun, with Harrison's first soccer practice, Raleigh's first official cheerleading event, and Banks' first flag football game of this, his sixth season! Otherwise, we'll be cheering on our Tigers and taking in as many college football games as we can. 'Tis the season, y'all! Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment