Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Christmas 2020

I can say, without a doubt, that this was my favorite Christmas of all time. Maybe I was feeling extra thankful this year; maybe it was because all the holiday gatherings were so paired down (i.e., a slower pace to our calendar); maybe it was the magical ages of my children right now; truly, I don't know. I just know I was SO happy. My eyes filled with tears several times Christmas morning just taking in the joy. It was the best. A peek at what our 2020 Christmas looked like: 

In the days before (I blogged about the weeks before here), we prepped for Jesus' birthday and Santa's arrival with lots of well-loved traditions: 

We made and decorated cookies for Santa and spread our reindeer food




We enjoyed this year's trendy (and delicious!) holiday treat: hot cocoa bombs (SO cool!!) 

We attended our church's candlelight Christmas Eve service - the tears were flowing.




We went to a yummy Christmas Eve dinner right after church with a family we love



We read the story of Jesus' birth (read by Raleigh this year)...

and Twas the Night Before Christmas (read by Banks this year).

And then the littles went off to sleep while my hub and I (and Banks! who got to stay up a little later this year ;)) watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, as we always do. :) And then, we hit the hay and awoke to see if Santa came...

...he did! Santa came! And it was a wonderful morning of taking our time opening gifts, enjoying our breakfast casseroles, sipping our coffee...and then my hub's back went out. OUCH! He was pretty laid up the rest of the day (and for the days that followed!) but that didn't steal our Christmas joy. 





We enjoyed the most delicious dinner at home as a family, played the most hysterical new game together, and just enjoyed our time. It was such a wonderful day! 

In the days that followed, we have spent lots of time playing with our new things, watching movies, spending time with friends, getting in some rest, having a few fun traditional winter adventures (my favorite being ice skating, which I always take my Big 3 to do during Winter Break and this year, with several families we love in tow!), and getting ready to count down to 2021.





As we close out December, we thank God for sending His Son to us and for gifting us with extra time together as a family. It truly was the best season, and we look forward to the year ahead. <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment