Friday, December 4, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

Before December gets away from me, I wanted to share a quick recap from our 2020 Thanksgiving #TheOneWhereWeHosted. 

Before our first time ever hosting, we did as we do every year: we headed to my "in laws'" home in Aiken, South Carolina, for our first Thanksgiving feast with them. We had so much fun catching up, cozying in, and just enjoying each others' company. We laughed and played and stuffed ourselves silly and just had the best time, together. 


Then, we headed back home to prepare to host my sister, her fiance, and six of their seven kiddos in our home and anticipate the arrival of the rest of our family for the big Thanksgiving feast the following day. My hub and I supplied the turkeys, bread, mashed potatoes, pecan pie,  a Bloody Mary barge :), and a charcuterie board (my first! It was so fun to plan and put together), and the rest of the fam contributed tons of apps and sides and desserts and beverages and ohmydearLord, I think I'm still full - ha! 





We had the best, best, best day together (my hub and I truly loved hosting!), one that began with a Turkey Trot with one of my sisters and was filled with non-stop cousin playing and adult gathering. I loved it so much. 






The following day, we ladies continued our (10th??) annual Black Friday tradition of shopping followed by lunch and Bloody Marys, G. Gram's treat. Meanwhile, the guys Top Golfed it while the kiddos stayed home with a couple of sitters -  a win for all! We concluded the day with a late night with family and friends and loved every second. 





It was one of my favorite Thanksgivings x2 to date, which is saying a lot! And now, here we are, in the Christmas season, my most favorite time of year. <3 Back soon, sometime between all the holiday fun to be had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment