Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Christmas Cheer!

As we eagerly anticipate the arrival of Christmas, which is somehow just days a way, here's a peek at how we've been celebrating my favorite time of the year, finding joy in the simplest of moments with the sweetest of people: 

We saw Santa (in Cabela's of all places, and it was great!)! We had a lovely visit with the Jolly Ol' Soul and then ventured around Cabela's for a little more fun. :) 






We closed out the 2020 school year, which included some fun school days before the last couple days ended up being virtual. Wasn't going to stop our Christmas spirit, though!

We left town for the mountains for the weekend, with friends in tow. My Lu Crew actually went a day earlier and then stayed a longer, so it was the perfect mix of family and friend time. We had such beautiful weather and even saw a dusting of snow! 







We had plenty of family fun! In the form of making our own ornaments, snuggling for Christmas movies nights, driving around the neighborhood to take in the beautiful lights, painting pottery, having sibling sleepovers, and having a jolly ol' time!





We snuck in fun time with fun friends making fun Christmas memories: Including riding in our 'hood Christmas parade and spending a morning making waterless snow globes, ugly sweater cookies, and chocolate covered Oreos. :)   







We celebrated a couple of birthdays: First up: My great grandma's 97th, which we celebrated with a giant family zoom call. It was so special to see our extended family on one screen. <3 And then, a few days later, it was my 40th! My hub did the most amazing job filling my day with everything I love: barre time, me time, family time, friend time, and a couple surprise zoom calls, too. He made me feel so special, and it was just the best day. <3 


Throw in a couple Christmas parties, a doctor appointment or two, a cancelled BLOMPSH celebration, plenty of pickle ball and tennis, and a little eating, drinking, and being merry, for good measure, and THAT is how our December is looking so far. Just a few more days 'til my favorite day of the year, and I CANNOT WAIT!!! Merry, Merry, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment