Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Party On: Banks' 1st Birthday Bash

To me, birthdays are a big deal. 

Always have been. Always will be.

But now that I have my own children, they are even more special. So many memories flood back to me on the eve of a birthday, flashback style, from the second I heard those first cries to the moments I spent celebrating first smiles, first crawls, first giggles, first steps, first foods, first teeth, first words, first everything. To me, birthdays are a time to reflect on the last year and recognize all the special moments that now decorate the core of my memory. They are not only a time to celebrate my sweet little babes, but a time for a self high 5. Yahoo! We made it. We survived another year: the teething, the tanturms, the sleepless nights, the are-we-doing-anything-right-as-parents questions, the new balance of live/work/play, the health scares, the milestones, the, well, again, everything. And I would be lying if I said I didn't break down in tears on each birthday eve of my sweet baby boy so far. I'm sure this year will be no different.

Yes, I love birthdays. For so many reasons.

So, it's safe to say, I love a good birthday party. 

My baby boy is turning 3 at the end of this month (say wha?!?), and I thought it would be only fitting to reminisce about his previous birthday parties. 

Starting with the big 0-1 (a post on the celebration for the big 0-2 coming next week...if we have internet in our new house by then...).

The theme for the birthday fun started out as more of a color scheme (turquoise, lime green, and brown) and then morphed into a jungle animals theme, since he loved animals, and making all their "sounds," at the time.

Without further ado, Banks' 1st birthday:

 Customized invitation, made by etsy seller Kim Nelson Creative

  
Cupcakes made by Momma. Cupcake toppers made by etsy seller Two Sugar Babies



Smash cake made by Momma. Fondant toppers made by etsy seller Two Sugar Babies.


Dessert table with pictures of the birthday boy


Drink station (coolers with beer for parents of small children not shown) :)

 Food table with poms by etsy seller Party Poms

Yummy

 
The obligatory month-by-month photo banner, made with love by Momma

The favor table (animal crackers, of course!)
 
 
A special note from the birthday boy

 
The birthday boy, wearing a personalized shirt by etsy seller Initial Here Gifts

Proud parents

A true smash cake and a monkey bib in the party colors, of course!

Such a special day

We had a wonderful time and our little boy was showered with love by family and friends. It was a day I will never forget. Just like I will never forget his second birthday or his third birthday or his fourth birthday...





No comments:

Post a Comment