Friday, February 1, 2013

Three, Two, One...Disney!

In two days, two quick days, we are taking our little buddy to Disney World!

Disney!!!!

Y'all?

I am so, completely, beyond, 110%, over-the-top, can you believe it?!?, ahhhhhh, EXCITED about our trip!!!

While I am not  super-duper excited to be leaving our little girl back at home for a few days (we decided, at the ripe ol' age of 1, she would just not get much out of Disney), albeit to be spoiled by her Bammy (!), I am excited to see the look, the awe, the amazement, the complete wonder on my sweet, little 3-year-old boy's face when he sees the MAGICAL world of Disney. 

I will say, in anticipation of this trip away, the hub and I spent a full, solo weekend with our girl last weekend (while Banks spent some wonderful time with grandparents), making sure to spoil her and love on her extra, extra good. This included a fun class at Gymboree, lunch with Momma and Daddy, an afternoon Momma date that consisted of cupcake eating and window-shopping, lots of one-on-one playtime, an out-to-eat dinner date with Momma and Daddy, and a morning at a new church with new, 1-year-old friends. Whew! This was a long overdue weekend that she so deserved, seeing as how she usually has her (very loving but attention-seeking) big brother by her side. 



Regardless. It was a wonderful weekend with our girl. And now, we'll spend a wonderful trip away with our boy. Did I mention I am just a teensy, weensy, little, teeny, tiny bit excited?!?

Now.

I will apologize in advance for the picture overload posts that will follow this trip. Because I will be taking pictures, many, many pictures, trying to capture each moment and memory. I have a feeling they will be some of the sweetest, most magical memories of my life, and certainly of his, to date. That being said, I am also going to make it a point to put the cameras down and soak in the moments, too.

Anywho.

In anticipation of our trip, we have been getting in full-on Disney mode:

The hotel and flights have been booked (My little buddy flying on a plane? This may end up being his favorite part of the whole trip!!). The "hopper passes" and meal plan purchased. The character meals scheduled. The itinerary tentatively arranged for the areas, rides, sites, and attractions we will visit within the specific parks we will be adventuring through. The Disney movies watched ahead of time. 

And also? We've been having our own little countdown since we told Banks, two weeks ago, about our special trip (a conversation that was magical in itself [and captured on video!]. Man, that Walt Disney really knew what he was doing): 



And also? I kindly asked my sister-in-law, owner of the awesome Goat & Lulu, if she could re-create two different, personalized Disney shirts for my little guy that I eyed on Pinterest. She did. And they rock (here's one of them):



Now, I just need to pack. Oh the packing. Thank goodness for Pinterest and the readily available, thorough pins containing packing lists, must-do's for 3 year olds, suggestions, tips, advice, and, really, all things Disney. I have read them. Planned accordingly. Typed up packing lists. Wished for good weather. Written out a few helpful "care instructions" for our little lady. Ordered a new swimsuit for my little buddy. Bought out Target of hand sanitizer and snacks and sharpies and Clorox wipes and sunscreen and on and on and on. Snuggled my girl extra hard. Reminded my boy, every day, about the fun we are going to have. 

And now...all that's left is...

3...2...1...Disney!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Can't wait to see pictures, have an awesome time!!!

    ReplyDelete