Sunday, April 28, 2013

A (Photographic) Walk Down Memory Lane

I love to take pictures. 

Wait...what?! Isn't that the most shocking news of the century?!

I'm thinking...no. 

I know, I know. Overkill sometimes. 

But. For me? It's just a fun hobby. A way of capturing precious moments as they pass by, all too quickly, and a means of looking back, reminiscing, and storing away visual memories of the people I treasure most in this world. 

Over the weekend, I spent some time looking through old Facebook photos from way long ago.  And also some from recently. And oh, the memories. 

And now, a little (photographic) walk down memory lane...

The strongest, most amazing Momma in the world. And P.S. Check out the shoelace bow I'm a'rockin'.

Some of the sweet girls I danced with throughout my childhood (that's me shootin' the thumbs up).

Some of the awesome girls I danced with as a Rally Cat at Clemson. 

June 26, 2004: One of the best days of my life. 

A reunion long ago with some of my high school girls

Ahhh...young newlywed love. 

University of Minnesota Medical School interns. A very fun year in the very cold north. 

The infamous Spoonbridge and Cherry sculpture, during a visit from my hub to Minnesota the year I was away.

A night out in the ATL with my suh-weet inlaw sibs. 

Tailgating with my beautiful baby sister, circa 2008. 

Vegas baby. And clearly, ahead of the ombre trend. Or maybe just too busy for regular highlighting touch-ups? You decide. 

Did I mention my family loves to bowl during holiday get-togethers? We do. Especially my hub. 

Beach memories...our last trip before the first grandbaby of my side of the family (Banks!) was born.

Large and in-charge: 39 weeks pregnant with what I would soon learn was a 9-pound, 15-ounce baby. WHOA belly!!!

My sweet "little" boy, at 5 weeks old. 

These days, our Edisto beach trips are being taken over by babies. This one, circa 2011, three little Luton cousins. 

My college best friends. I don't know what I'd do without these girls and our annual girls' weekends.

My baby boy, ready to pounce on the pool.

My Momma. 'Nuff said.

Cousins make such sweet fwends. 

A picture I'll treasure forever: My Amy and my boy.

Be still, my blonde-ringlet, little-boy-lovin', Momma heart. 

Did I mention I love these girls?!

The best big brother in the whole wide world.

Beautiful second cousins. Makes my heart smile. 

The love of my life. Celebrating 9 years of marriage in less than 2 months!

Sistas. 

My favorite men in the world, huntin' for candy.

There are no words for how much we simply adore our Nana. Absolutely no words. 

The best family practical joke ever...

Bammy and Banks love. 

The girl I waited my entire life to meet. She was worth the wait. 

Her daddy agrees. Smitten.

Our oh-so-loved and madly adored Nana and Pop. Two of the greatest grandparents on the entire planet. 

Precious baby girls: BFFandEverandEver.

Nothing like a little beachin' it with the hub. 

This girl.

This boy.

The Owen-Luton-Peele-Meek ladies. 

Doing our best to continually instill in our children "It's nice to do nice things for people."

They truly love each other.

I adore this child. 

Celebrating the life of our beautiful friend.

Ringin' in 2013 with some of my favorite-est people. Ever. 

Did I mention this boy? 

And this girl (Photo by Volree Wade Photography)? 

How's that for a random start to the week?!


4 comments:

  1. Love seeing these old pictures! Especially when I'm sporting a penis necklace. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...ain't no party like a penis straw party...What? That's not a real song? It should be. :)

      Delete
  2. Loved the last two posts!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete