Monday, April 1, 2013

Banksisms: Part 5


I think these are my most favorite posts to write: The ones about all the funny things that come out of my little buddy's mouth. Constant entertainment. 

And now, for your reading pleasure, I present the latest round of Banksisms:

Banks: "Do you need to turn me down, Momma?"
Momma: "No. Why?"
Banks: "Because I'm too loud."
Well...there is some truth to that. 

Momma: "Alright, buddy, when I come back in this room it better be clean."
Banks: "But Mommy, my body says I need some help."
So does mine, little buddy, when it's time to clean the house. So does mine.


(Completely out of the blue, during lunch one day...)
Banks: "Mommy, I really want it to be Hanukkah."
Should I break it to him that we're Christians?

Banks: "Can I cut my own fingernails when I'm older?"
Momma: "Sure!"
Banks: "Wow! That will be so cool."
It's the little things...


Daddy: "Wash your hands."
Banks: "I did wash my hands, son."
Whoa...teenager 'tude debuting a few years early.

Banks: "I'm gonna make puppets with these socks."
Momma: "Cool! What kind will they be?" 
Banks: "Sock puppets."
Makes sense to me.


(Part of Banks' prayers one night...)
Banks: "...and please help the bad guys hit people safely." 
Always thinking of others. Even bad guys.

Banks: "This lollipop tastes like orange juice. No, like Clemson juice!"
Raisin' him right.


(Suddenly stops mid-conversation and says..."
Banks: "I don't know what I'm talking about."
Oh, little buddy. You are a man wise beyond your years.

(Sees the salt on the rim of my margarita glass...)
Banks: "Are those lizard teeth?"
Ha! It does kind of look like lizard teeth!


Love this entertaining little fella. :) :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment