Friday, October 9, 2015

Five On Friday: Pray For SC Edition

The start of this week felt like it was dragging, but it's Friday already and we are ready for a fun-filled weekend after a crazy busy week! That being said, just a quick Five on Friday for today!:

[ONE].
Y'all. I could not be prouder of my hub. He has been working his tail off creating and co-directing the 1st Annual Fort Mill Care Center Charity Golf Tournament. He has worked countless hours on this event to benefit this amazing, local center, which provides for those in need in our community. Monday is the BIG day, and I cannot wait to see his efforts come to fruition and to see so many who have supported this awesome cause come together to do good for this deserving charity. I am so proud of you, hub. Fore! 


[TWO].
Last weekend was HUUUUUUUGE for two reasons. Number 1: We had the absolute best time celebrating my cousin's wedding in Greenville, South Carolina on Saturday night. Everything was beautiful and if "my side" of the family knows one thing, it's how to throw down. With all my fun and crazy aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, parents, siblings, nephews/nieces in town for the event, it was definitely a night to remember...especially if the four hours of sleep I got that night (and the fact that our little family crammed 5-deep into our hotel room) tells you anything. Congrats to the Bennetts! <3


[THREE].
The other weekend last weekend was a HUUUUUUUGE one? Because my Clemson Tigers fought tooth and nail 'til the bitter end, beating out Notre Dame 24-22, which came down to the last play of the game. While my hub and I were not able to make the game (see above), we were streaming it live during the reception and watched the end of it in the hotel bar. I'm pretty sure you could hear our screams throughout the entire town of Greenville. :) Go Tigers! 

[FOUR].
On a much more important and serious note, it has been absolutely amazing to see not only the citizens of my hometown of Columbia, South Carolina, but also strangers from near and far, come together to support the city amid the devastating floods. It has been so hard to see images of the place where I grew up facing such unimaginable loss. BUT at the same time, it has been heart warming to watch so many good-hearted people. I have never been prouder to be a South Carolinian. 

[FIVE].
Last but not least, if you missed my last post, be sure to check out my BIG announcement here. I am pumped, pumped, PUMPED for Tuesday and really, really, REALLY hope you'll join in the honest, non-sales-y, non-BS, tell-it-like-it-is fun! If for nothing else, then stop by because (1) a portion of the proceeds will go directly to the SC Red Cross to address the flood relief efforts, and (2) there will be free stuff!

And now, it's off to prep for a trip to Death Valley tomorrow with my hub and the biggest little Tiger fan I know, my Banks! Raleigh and Harrison will be hanging back with Bammy and Digby while go on our way to see the Tigers play. Here's hoping they pull out another W against those pesky Georgia Tech Jackets!

Y'all have a good one! See you soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment