Monday, October 26, 2015

Mom-ing Through Faith: On Life Versus Work

Don't ever confuse the two, your life and your work. 
     That's what I have to say. 
The second is only a part of the first...
There are thousands of people out there with the same degree you have; when you get a job, there will be thousands of people doing what you want to do for a living. 
But you are the only person alive who has sole custody of your life. 
Your particular life. Your entire life. 
Not just your life at a desk, or your life on the bus, or in the car, or at the computer. 
Not just the life of your mind, but the life of your heart. 

     -Anna Quindlen

Is there really anything else to say this week? I mean, honestly, can I top that in any way, shape, or form? 

No. The answer is no. 

I hope you have a good week and are able to reflect on those words. To me, they are the absolute truth. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment