Friday, June 16, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend, Father's Day Edition

Whelp. Summer continues to march on at breakneck speed. On the one hand, I am sad we are already halfway through June. I looooooooove getting all this time with all my kiddos, and we are having a blast so far! On the other hand, each passing day means another day to bringing our sweet Bella home to her family. <3 So. We are enjoying our time together and also looking forward to what's to come. 

That being said, here's what we are saying CHEERS to this Father's Day weekend: 

15 years. While I mentioned in my last post that June 16th is always a tough day for my family, it has also become a celebration for me. You see, although my dad passed away on June 16th, 1990, I started dating my now-husband on June 16th, 2002. Coincidence? I think not. I think God had his hand on me the whole time and brought my hub into my life on June 16th for a reason. Seeing as how today is June 16th, that means that my hub and I started dating 15 YEARS AGO TODAY!!! So, cheers to us, babe! <3


 
Flag football camp. Banks had an absolute BLAST at his second year of NFHS flag football camp. This boy eats, sleeps, and breathes football (hence, why his first ever summer league begins tomorrow), and he learned so much, performed really well, and had a great time throughout! Not only are the coaches (both high school players and the actual high school coaches) awesome with the kids, but our high school is literally located right next to our neighborhood, which means we would pull out of our driveway at 7:57 am each morning and arrive right on time at 8:00 am. Suhweet! I know Banks is already excited about next year's camp! 


Pool dayz. You can pretty much expect me to say cheers to this each week, as you can find us there just about every afternoon, splish-splashing away!



Cookouts with friends. Last night, we hosted one of our favorite families for a cookout - well, all except the awesome momma of the family, who is currently in Haiti using her gifts and talents as an audiologist to serve a community in need on a mission trip (Hi Kim!). We thought it'd be nice to have the rest of her crew over for dinner to give our friend (Hi Andrew!) a little reprieve. So, Andrew and his three, beautiful little ladies joined us for dinner, and it sure was fun! And the cookout fun will continue tonight as we join some fun neighbors for a grillin' good time. ;) Man, I love summer!


Father's Day fun. For the fourth year, my hub is coordinating a Father's Day Weekend golf tournament for our hood. What started out as a group of 12 or so guys this first year has morphed into 100 dads from our neighborhood playing in the tourney! My hub and our good friend, Jason, have been working so hard to get everything organized and ready to go. There will be lots of money raised for charity, prizes given, and plenty o' fun as the dads enjoy their Saturday on the course. Meanwhile, my kiddos and I, along with two other families, will be distributing hot dogs to the players at one of the holes, cheering all the awesome dads on as they enjoy their day. It should be fun for all! Then, on Sunday, we will spoil our favorite guy and celebrate the amazing dad that he is. <3 Should be a busy but fun weekend! 

I hope all the dads out there have a wonderful weekend. And a very Happy Father's Day to the three main dads in my life - my hub, my stepdad, and my father "in law" - as well as to all the other dads I know and love. Have an AWESOME weekend. I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment